F-4C Phantom Instrument Panel

graffspee

graffspee

Picked this up recently....A Pilots Instrument Panel for an F-4C Phantom II. It was in an F-4 that flew with the 93rd. Tactical Fighter Squadron out of Homestead AFB.

No I am on the quest to find the missing indicators and other parts to restore so I can display it with my Martin-Baker H7 ejection seat.... ( I know the Attitude Indicator is not the correct one. It is just a place holder for now.)

280135245_10159597134777110_4318788820502832948_n.jpg

Flightpath

Nice, I had some Phantom manuals long ago, still have some bits and pieces, I'll see what's under the piles of parts in the workshop.

graffspee
2 hours ago, Flightpath said:

Nice, I had some Phantom manuals long ago, still have some bits and pieces, I'll see what's under the piles of parts in the workshop.

Cool...If you find any parts let me know.....I have a few manuals that came with a footlocker of stuff I got from a Nam and post Nam era F-4 pilot who Flew C/D's in Vietnam and F-4G's in 80's....

The funny thing about the panel is it flew with an F-4 in the 93rd TFS. My MB H7 ejection seat also flew in a F-4 that was in the 93rd. as well. what are the odds of that.....

Flightpath

Hi,

took a look through the workshop and the only Phantom thing I found was this 1968 unused ejection seat pin mod kit for F/RF-4C. P/N MDE32722-315.

Not sure if you or others are interested, let me know.....

cheers, John

20220508_140805.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is an update on the current state of my F-4C panel. I have been able to get all the flight instruments.  The APN-155 Radar Altimeter was the last one I needed and was able to find one last week.  I am working on making a replica of the Missile Status Panel right now since I have no idea if or even when I might be able to find a real one. I also need to find a APR-25 or ALR-45 RWR , a AN/APR-36 Threat Display control , and the APQ-100 Radar Scope.Have made a lot of progress but still some to go..

20230317_162121.jpg

aerialbridge

Cool, I like the Homestead connection as I used to live in Perrine in the 70s off Richmond Dr. and flew space A into Homestead from Nawlins on occasion.  During what time-frame was this instrument panel flying high over Dade County?

8 hours ago, aerialbridge said:

Cool, I like the Homestead connection as I used to live in Perrine in the 70s off Richmond Dr. and flew space A into Homestead from Nawlins on occasion.  During what time-frame was this instrument panel flying high over Dade County?

I know the Wing there stopped flying F-4C Phantoms in 1979-80. However, I have not been able to find an Aircraft number on the panel. Only that it was last on an aircraft at Homestead . Whats cool is I restored a Ejection Seat from an F-4E Phantom and it was at Homestead as well in the late 1970's before it was converted to an F-4G. That one I know the aircraft number and have lots of pics of that aircraft.

aerialbridge
8 hours ago, graffspee said:

I know the Wing there stopped flying F-4C Phantoms in 1979-80. However, I have not been able to find an Aircraft number on the panel. Only that it was last on an aircraft at Homestead . Whats cool is I restored a Ejection Seat from an F-4E Phantom and it was at Homestead as well in the late 1970's before it was converted to an F-4G. That one I know the aircraft number and have lots of pics of that aircraft.

Nice!  I left Miami in 79 for California.   You've done a great job on that instrument panel.  Look forward to seeing it with your restored ejection seat.