Jump to content

USO helmet


Fox777
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fox777

Hello everyone. This is my newest helmet. Can anyone help identifying the name inside the liner and maybe connect in any way to the USO? The helmet was published in " the m-1 helmet of the ww2 gi ". Thanks!

20220507_094817.jpg

20220507_094814.jpg

20220507_094832.jpg

20220507_094854.jpg

20220507_094835.jpg

20220507_094909.jpg

20220507_094747.jpg

20220507_094802.jpg

20220507_094758.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox777

Thanks Archangel! The last name  is actualy "Roush". But i cant find some  more information. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ArchangelDM
1 hour ago, Fox777 said:

Thanks Archangel! The last name  is actualy "Roush". But i cant find some  more information. :)


here you go 

 

4 possibilities 

 

 

8B25402A-F911-42BA-B422-8576D789A8E9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

644td

I’ve hit dead ends for a Ronald Roush and for a Robert H Rous.  The H is away from the rest of the name 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox777
1 hour ago, 644td said:

I’ve hit dead ends for a Ronald Roush and for a Robert H Rous.  The H is away from the rest of the name 

Thank you very much for all your efforts! Realy appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox777
3 hours ago, ArchangelDM said:


here you go 

 

4 possibilities 

 

 

8B25402A-F911-42BA-B422-8576D789A8E9.png

Thank you truely for your support. I appreciate this very much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ArchangelDM
8 minutes ago, Fox777 said:

Thank you truely for your support. I appreciate this very much!


Hey Fox no problem 

If I can help I will, good luck on the research. I think your guy is the 1942 one 👍🏻
let us know how you get on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox777
21 minutes ago, ArchangelDM said:


Hey Fox no problem 

If I can help I will, good luck on the research. I think your guy is the 1942 one 👍🏻
let us know how you get on 

Thank you! For sure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

644td

Dean,  if that is the guy he would have had to receive a battle field Commission,  The list you have is for enlisted men. It’s a trail to follow for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ArchangelDM
14 minutes ago, 644td said:

Dean,  if that is the guy he would have had to receive a battle field Commission,  The list you have is for enlisted men. It’s a trail to follow for sure.


Agreed, but as you know it was not unheard of, 2 of my marine lids where made officers mid war 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Burning Hazard

Awesome helmet!

 

This is the exact same one pictured on pages 312-313 in Pieter Oosterman's book "The M1 Helmet of the World War II GI", I knew it looked familiar.

 

Pat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox777
5 hours ago, Burning Hazard said:

Awesome helmet!

 

This is the exact same one pictured on pages 312-313 in Pieter Oosterman's book "The M1 Helmet of the World War II GI", I knew it looked familiar.

 

Pat

Thanks Pat! That is exactly the one :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...