SS Dagger

mbec

This dagger was brought home by Harold Schaerer. He was in the 2nd Armored division in I believe a maintenance co. He was in the VFW with my dad and gave it to him for taking him to the doctor when near the end of his time here on earth. I know it is beat up and I don't know how the damage happened but I like it! The markings on the blade are RZM in a circle and then RZM 1 41/39 and ss runes. Also M7/81. On the hanger is as near as I can make out M5/184 and an RZM mark. some of the numbers are hard to read so I may be wrong on 1 or 2. But enjoy , 

Mark

20220430_173541.jpg

20220430_173514.jpg

20220430_173552.jpg

20220430_173502.jpg

20220430_173452.jpg

USCapturephotos

Having that story about the vet being friends with your dad is great. Thanks for showing us on the forum.

Paul

Thanks for the info guys .after looking at the makers it appears the number 2 is missing in the RZM making it a blade made by Karl Tiegel. Yes Paul, those were all pretty good guys. He was a nice guy and was in the reserves into the 60's. I also have a couple of his field  jackets and uniforms and reunion paperwork from his time in the service.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...