Lt.

m16 and m4 replacement

i have heard about the USMC and the army are replacing the m16 and m4. anybody they know what will replace them?

I believe it is still in the RFP/RFQ process.

danshanower.jpg

R.I.P. Commander Dan Shanower, KIA 9/11/01

"Freedom Isn't Free" US Naval Institute, Proceedings, 1997

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif

I've heard some rumblings and some interesting possibilities, but as said, I think they're just at the RFP stage.

In memory of 1LT Julius C. Goldman, XO of F/330th, 83rd Infantry Division 1944-45.

Come see what's new at the US Army Air Defense Artillery Museum on Facebook: US Army ADA Museum

Looking for P-47 and Tactical Reconnaissance Unit photographs and any items associated with WWII Jewish fighter pilots.

Also seeking photos, documents and associated materials from the 3rd Armored Division and 83rd Infantry Division in January 1945.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

I hope they bring back the M14 as issue rifle. I like the platform. But I'm sure the M16 replacment will be some high tech small bore rifle.

donation2013.gif

GOD Bless Texas And All That Serve Her

I hope they bring back the M14 as issue rifle. I like the platform. But I'm sure the M16 replacment will be some high tech small bore rifle.

Depending on how you look at it, the M14 could be considered brought back in a lot of different variants (mainly stock/optics differences) as a designated marksman's rifle.

----edit. I just noticed you said "issue rifle" DOH! pinch.gif:lol:---

Want to buy Large reg or Large Long green dominant ("lime") ERDL jacket. Original. Thanks.

B/104th 26th "Yankee Division"

F/2/5 USMC

The M-14 already is back. In Iraq and Afghanistan, without telescopic sights, it is commonly issed at the rate of one per squad or section, to a Designated Marksman, usually the best shooter. An M-14 aficionado told me that M-14s are again being MADE, for DOD, by the commercial Springfileld Armory firm......

The Army (lead agency for DOD on small arms) is fooling around with UPDATED M-16/M-4 STYLE rifles. The major variances are in caliber/cartridge (slightly bigger bore and weight) and gas system. The contenders all lok a lot alike and from 20 or 50 meters distance you might not see any difference.

i have heard about the USMC and the army are replacing the m16 and m4. anybody they know what will replace them?

AK-47's and RPG's - "So Simple Even a Child Can Use Them."

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

AK-47's and RPG's - "So Simple Even a Child Can Use Them."

I had to laugh at this one....is that a jab at the Marine Corps? ;)

Rob

Exhausting & Dirty Work

Interested in buying identified or re-searchable Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals and more.

I had to laugh at this one....is that a jab at the Marine Corps? ;)

Rob

No it's a jab at the tendency of US designers (working under government requirements) to make everything more complicated than it needs to be. I'm sure the next weapon will have an LCD screen, camera and flexible barrel to shoot around corners, web access, MP3 player, GPS guided laser aiming, biodegradable components and use "green" ammo.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2019.gif

Next rifle fielded will probably not be .223 like the M-16 family. There's a lot of interest in 6.8mm as the new caliber.

In memory of 1LT Julius C. Goldman, XO of F/330th, 83rd Infantry Division 1944-45.

Come see what's new at the US Army Air Defense Artillery Museum on Facebook: US Army ADA Museum

Looking for P-47 and Tactical Reconnaissance Unit photographs and any items associated with WWII Jewish fighter pilots.

Also seeking photos, documents and associated materials from the 3rd Armored Division and 83rd Infantry Division in January 1945.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

I'd be really surprised if we see any major changes in the M16/M4 platform anytime in the near future. I seriously doubt that the current administration will spend anymore money on the military then is absolutely necessary. crying.gif

You must prepare your mind for where your body might have to go.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Next rifle fielded will probably not be .223 like the M-16 family. There's a lot of interest in 6.8mm as the new caliber.

Isn't there a lot of talk about the Barret M468? IMO That's a good weapon...it's based on the familiar M16 system but it uses 6.8 mm ammunition.

Rob

Exhausting & Dirty Work

Interested in buying identified or re-searchable Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals and more.

Probably HK-417. Special Forces started to use it now.

I doubt it, it was looked at before and didn't take. Also, SF use of things can be the kiss of death for it in the big green machine. Another point, HK would have to tool up here in the states and they wouldn't do it before, doubt in our economy that they will do it now. HK also doesn't like having to live under our contracting rules, so I wouldn't bet on the HK.

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

HK also doesn't like having to live under our contracting rules, so I wouldn't bet on the HK.

Good point. When I worked for a Congressman I often got calls from people wanting to know about getting government contracts. I'd tell them, "Are you making a profit now? If so, you don't want to get involved with doing business with the government."

donation2017.gif

donation2019.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.