need help in reclaiming stolen kia medals

donaldnol

The theft happened back 2004 at my brother's funeral session at the at the church in williamstown w.va. the thief took everything that is showed here. ten years later that someone dumped the flag and case without the medals in a drop box at the goodwill. we are still looking for the character who took them from our family. military had to issue us replacements

SgSTFROCvdwCv0xPABEEyOL7lAFEE3n5wYbJeUkJUpGSoLLBI6T6M6QELw7--JI1PQZZuYIT.jpg

DSCN3865.JPG

DSCN3864.JPG

Rakkasan187

Sorry for your loss, of both your brother and his decorations..

Can't offer much assistance in regards to the lost decorations and coins as these are common and the chances of retrieving this exact same ribbon bar and qualification badges would be possibly difficult. You didn't mention if the Bronze Star or Purple Heart medals were engraved, but if they were this may help narrow down the search..

Hopefully a Police Report was filed

I am in far West Texas but I will keep my eyes open for anything that looks similar to this set.

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

33 minutes ago, Rakkasan187 said:

Can't offer much assistance in regards to the lost decorations and coins as these are common and the chances of retrieving this exact same ribbon bar and qualification badges would be possibly difficult. You didn't mention if the Bronze Star or Purple Heart medals were engraved, but if they were this may help narrow down the search..

I am in far West Texas but I will keep my eyes open for anything that looks similar to this set.

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

yes they were engraved thanks for inquiring 

For anyone who runs across these, they should have the veteran's name "Allen D. Nolan" in two lines (Allen D./Nolan) on the back of the medals in non-serifed font (I'm finding they switched to rank/last name only in about 2008). 

I'll certainly keep an eye open for them. 

2 hours ago, Rakkasan187 said:

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

thanks leigh

• 2 weeks later...
stratasfan

So sorry for your family! And to have to deal with that at the funeral. How low do you get to steal something like that at a funeral? Very sad. Hope you find them, that's for sure. I assume you got the flag back? That's so sad.

donaldnol
9 minutes ago, stratasfan said:

So sorry for your family! And to have to deal with that at the funeral. How low do you get to steal something like that at a funeral? Very sad. Hope you find them, that's for sure. I assume you got the flag back? That's so sad.

thanks Elisabeth  we know a few bad apples in our family like cousins and sorts they may have took them but there were more than a thousand people that was there. maybe some day the person who has them may faulter.

BEAT_NAVY

Will make sure to keep an eye out for any of these items, best of luck finding them.

• 1 year later...

Just came across your post about your brother’s stolen flag and military medals from last year. I hope that some day you find out who is responsible. It will probably end up being someone who you know, sadly. It isn’t my brother or family who was victimized but it still makes me very angry as I think about it. I have a saying that there are people who would steal Jesus Christ off the cross and come back for the nails. Who ever did it is someone like that. My prayer for you and your family is that you find out who did it and that they get the justice they deserve. Someone knows who did it. A secret between two people is only a secret if one of them is dead. Hopefully the truth will find its way to you. Best of luck and don’t give up.