D DAY Utah Beach Navy Captains helmet

Bob Hudson

Great post Bob. Goes to show half the helmets we say “what the hell does that mean?” Could have been something like this. Thanks for sharing this. 
Z

16 minutes ago, Paddyd00 said:

Great post Bob. Goes to show half the helmets we say “what the hell does that mean?” Could have been something like this. Thanks for sharing this. 
Z

Thank forum member Jeff who did the appraisal. That’s the first time I’ve seen antiques roadshow open with Militaria

iron bender

Jeff Shrader has provided my poor wife's shelves with lots of amazing trinkets of the past. Top notch guy that I've had great respect for at least 30 years. Great historian first, buyer, and dealer. Amazing story on a metal bucket that could have done anything during the war yet it wound up on this guy's head. Incredible!

M24 Chaffee

I watched most of that episode and I missed that beginning! Thanks for posting it! Amazing!

Frank

US WWII M1 helmet Walhalla right there!  I was surprised it was appraised to that degree.  Had no idea a WWII M1, even an ultra rare one, would demand that kind of a price tag.  

dhcoleterracina

Great story and helmet. I do not doubt the evaluation on this one of a kind helmet. However...all I can think of are those uncomfortable conversations with family members about how THEIR helmet is only worth $150. Oh well.