SV-1 timeline

AMT500E

Curious if the SV-1 survival vest would have been around after the MA-2s were changed from Rocket Jet 

to Koch style parachute riser/survival kit release hardware.  . Im wanting to put a display together and

preferably, with all the period correct pieces.

Thx

I borrowed this from the 67-68 CVA 38 Cruise book.  I've seen several examples of SV-1's being used albeit most have been modified.165.jpg.48df03c9da4248909b2a8228bd42a57e.jpg 

2 hours ago, AMT500E said:

thanks for the photo.

Exactly what I was needing to move forward.

No problem, if you think about it post a pic when you get your display together.

So far I have a hodgepodge of components 

The MA2 will be replaced with same style ( full cut) but with Koch hardware 

I have the hose that attaches to the Mk2A and a few pieces added to the SV1 would help fill it out.

In process. ;-)

IMG_20220423_120413508.jpg

Always thought those older MA-2s were interesting.  Some for the upper riser attachment fittings, had non adjustable RJE fittings like shown here, like what is also used on the survival kit/lap belt lower fittings and some have adjustable RJE fittings, more similar to how the later Koch fittings may be adjusted.  My older quick fit torso harness for the OV-1 Mohawk uses the adjustable RJE fittings.

An earlier set of Anti G's would be nice if you're going for a mid-late 60's vibe,  they pop up for sale quite often if you don't already have a pair.

Im going in another direction (for the time being), until I can locate the 

earlier G pants and picked up another harness that I'll use with an LPA2 and

SV2A. Later time frame than I wanted but an "assembly" is an "assembly" as long as it's

reasonably complete.

IMG_20220425_144855289.jpg

When did they start using the lower mini koch fitting in the Navy?   Alot of times when you see the harnesses with the new Koch fittings up top for the risers, the lowers were still the RJE D rings.

Showed up around 68.

They came on this harness and I dont know beyond that.

The Mfg. date of the harness assy is 1971 which is within the period of mini's use.

What is most interesting to me is the two production looking loops for the 

Redar hose, which I have seen before, but was uncertain about.

Yeah I don't think I have seen the loops like that before but they seem to be setup in the same angle that the older original MA-2 harnesses had a little zippered pocket/sleeve for the REDAR hose like your other harness had.