Incendiary Cal.30 M1 (sealed box)

crafty

I am new to this forum looking for honest information about what to price a sealed box of ammo that i know is quite rare but cannot find any for sale anywhere to compare. They have been in storage for some time & some of the boxes show wear on the bottom from the tips of the bullets but other than that are in perfect condition. These are marked with lot no.14449 & are from Denver Ordnance Plant. Thanks & best Regards Jack Craft Endless Mountains War Memorial Museum

Thank you very much for your info. I had checked gunbroker a couple times but there were never any listed when i was on. I own & operate a War Memorial Museum here in North Central Pa. which i started back in 1998 as a non profit no admission fee educational Museum which started with my lifetime of collecting Military history.We are now in our 24th year of operation & planning a new wing for lack of space & i am sorting stuff out i have had in storage to help fund the construction as i am now retired & on a fixed income & a bad timeing situation with building materials skyrocketing etc.

I see you are from Pa.as well & if you get up this way drop me a message & you can find info on line (Endless Mountains War Memorial Museum) & i can show you around the Museum As we can share from our addiction of Military Memorabilia & history .

I am so glad i joined this great forum & i could spend way too much time on hear if i'm not careful.

Thanks again for responding with the info i was looking for. Best Regards   Jack

Jack,

sounds like the Museum is pretty cool and I just watched a you tube video - are you jack?   I live in Kutztown/Allentown - not that far from the museum.

sounds like a road trip for me! - All Denver Ordnance Plant ammo is WW2 and corrosive

yes coming on this site is a multiple daily occurrence for me  :)

Hi Mike

Yes i am Jack and i never knew we were on a You tube video But these days who knows. Anyhow hoping to see you sometime in the future. Do you attend the WWII Weekend in Reading Pa. I have been coming there for nearly 30 years & have belonged to several re-enactment groups there as well. The last few years i have been accompanying WWII veterans from Northern Pa. & am in the big hanger most of the time. I will be there again this year With Charles Brooking from Bloomsburg who just turned 95 this week & served on PT boats in the south Pacific area. Yes i am going through our surplus stuff from our Museum attic & is there anything  you may be looking for let me know in case i may run accross let me know.

Take care   Jack 

silverplate

.30-06 Incendiary rounds in a sealed box can easily bring $150. However, if you can live with a replica, send me your email address and I can send you one from any of the 3 plants that made them.

Hello Silverplate

Yes i just recieved a couple of those boxes i had ordered when i was looking for some of the original ones for sale & it led me to your post. I have a couple of boxes of loose rounds i can put in these for my own display..Just  comparing & they are very nice for a good price . I have several sealed boxes for sale but some have holes where the tips of the bullets have come through a bit on the bottoms so i am asking $125 for them.

silverplate

I thought I remembered your museum name. Glad they worked out.

$125 for a sealed box with tip holes is reasonable. I usually seal them in shrink wrap prior to shipping to keep the box from getting any worse.

Good idea. I will do that. I will give your boxes a big thumbs up And what a great selection you have .I may have to get some more with the different co's. 

whiskydown

I'm planning to head up that way for the Redball military vehicle rally and swap meet this fall, coming from SW PA. I will have to try and make an appointment to see your museum! That's pretty cool you made your own museum.

Yes actually this is our 24th year of operation & starting our 40 X 60 addition soon .Let me know in advance before you visit & labor day weekend we have a Victory in the Pacific WWII Tribute & Charles Brooking (WWII PT boat ) veteran who served & fought mostly in the Solomon islands will be speaking. Thanks & hope you can make it.  Jack