vintage 12 inch Gi joes

jeeplover

i can not believe the price of the Japanese's sotw mine is in post 51. i spent 300 on him and 50 more on the bayonet and 50 on the medal so i have 400 in to it. the bayonet was the hardest thing to find.

• 1 month later...

i will try and get some pictures up. i finally got some time to go through the gi joe stuff i got from my friend. i was very happy with what i discovered. i have 3 almost complete sets of mike powers atomic man uniforms. i have (fangs of the cobra) (race for recovery) and special assignment. i am missing the belts for special assignment and race for recovery.

i was very surprised how rare and expensive these outfits are. i think a honest estimate would be close to 500. and that is missing the stuff i don't have or the figures. fortunately the mike powers atomic man is not to much. enjoy and if you have questions ask.

I wasn't aware that "Atomic Man" even had carded sets.   What you have seems to have been hardly played with and the hunt for those missing pieces should be fun and more fun when you find them and complete the set.  Just the jumpers I'm guessing don't go for cheap. I agree that my red beard is the sea adventurer.    Since my reference book is packed away, if you happen to come across what set the one piece jungle zipper jumper goes with I'd be curious to know.  

3 hours ago, aerialbridge said:

I wasn't aware that "Atomic Man" even had carded sets.   What you have seems to have been hardly played with and the hunt for those missing pieces should be fun and more fun when you find them and complete the set.  Just the jumpers I'm guessing don't go for cheap. I agree that my red beard is the sea adventurer.    Since my reference book is packed away, if you happen to come across what set the one piece jungle zipper jumper goes with I'd be curious to know.  

i will check my books and get back to you

I know a guy who "starred" in a GI Joe commercial with his brother when they were kids. It was for the "Capture of the Pygmy Gorilla" set (I vaguely remember seeing it on TV). For the filming he and his brother got to play with the action figure and kit, which included a boat and a net. But when the commercial aired, only the boys' hands were visible. So much for their 15 minutes of fame!

• 2 weeks later...

my Greman staff car all cleaned up. farm dirt is not ordinary dirt i had to clean this 4  times the last time i used a sponge paint brush. stickers are repop. check out earlier post 204 to see the difference.

100_4400.JPG

100_4401.JPG

100_4402.JPG

100_4403.JPG

100_4404.JPG

Nice German staff car! One of the few things that I have left from my collection of 12” G.I. Joe stuff is the German BMW motorcycle with the sidecar. I need to dig it out and post some pictures.

Ditto.   I've always liked the kubelwagen.  My 2 Joe vehicles consist of the vintage 5 star Jeep I posed pix early in this thread and a later kubelwagen or schwimwagen, I forget which, with 2 German officer figures, also need to dig out to post pix.