vintage 12 inch Gi joes

jeeplover

does any one here collect. i have recently started to gain a interest in these. i have ordered 2 books and joined a forum. after reading around i seen that the forum is dying the creator is in the process of moving the site to fakebook. i no longer have fakebook hope i can say that without being banned. gunboards banned me for calling it fakebook. i have the complete soldiers of the world set and am currently working on eight ropes of danger. if others have a collection please post some pictures. here is a site i use to look at what i need.

https://www.vintage3djoes.com/action-soldiers-of-the-world.html

That's a very informative site, thank you for the link. In Britain GI Joe was named Action Man, I don't collect per se but I do have a box in the attic with my childhood Action Man collection. I have some of the cataloque booklets that came with the figures too. Will have to dig them out now!

It is very nice to see this topic, thank you for posting it.

I was a pretty active vintage Joe collector for awhile, but have been mostly dormant for years.  I posted a similar photo (to the one below) in the “Non-militaria Hobbies” topic, but have added a few pieces since.  

Nothing spectacular, and most of the accessory sets I pieced together over time.  The hardest ones were the deep sea diver - because the belt and shoe weights don’t seem to hold up well over time - and, the astronaut.  Interestingly, the gloves and boots are the trickiest to find for the odd sets - normally as those weren’t really mission critical when we were kids, and got lost first.  It took me awhile to find the white waffle boots for the “Deep Freeze” Joe (leftmost).  I have the rest of that set, including the sled and snow shoes, also which I had to piecemeal.  It might be my favorite, as the parka is so cool.

It would be easier buying complete sets, but I enjoyed the hunt of building them.

I would like to see your SOTW Japanese figure.  That is one that has eluded me.

If you wanna let me know what you need for your “eight ropes” set, I have a box of parts that I may be able to help with.

69FB9AB3-C328-46EB-B325-49F4F0F1F801.jpeg

I’ve never really gone after boxes, as that is a whole area of collecting unto itself, but did luck into this one:

65976B7E-5D61-4AE1-9332-D1F80A2C9723.jpeg

As I mentioned above, I put the contents of the set together a little at a time, and just added the box when I got it.

The white clothing was normally pretty dingy when I found it, so I have a process for cleaning that in the sink that makes it bright white again.  I did that with this set, and the “Ski Patrol” uniform (pictured above).

Cool- great collections! while cleaning at my dad's house I just found the box of my old GI Joes and other stuff- all stuff I played with pretty hard.  I had the diver too, that was awesome.  Now I just have the helmet collar, and the weights for the boots. One of my friends has a store here in WI called "Adventure Games + Hobbies and Toys" where he does sell some of the vintage 12" stuff. but he's old school (not on-line) doesn't even own a computer.

Wow Carl, does that bring back memories. I have never collected the vintage ones, but as a kid, I had a huge collection well played with. Just like baseball cards, I wish I had all of those now! Very nice collection you have there. 

26 minutes ago, warguy said:

Wow Carl, does that bring back memories. I have never collected the vintage ones, but as a kid, I had a huge collection well played with. Just like baseball cards, I wish I had all of those now! Very nice collection you have there. 

Thanks brother, I really appreciate that.  

46 minutes ago, Mr.Jerry said:

Cool- great collections! while cleaning at my dad's house I just found the box of my old GI Joes and other stuff- all stuff I played with pretty hard.  I had the diver too, that was awesome.  Now I just have the helmet collar, and the weights for the boots. One of my friends has a store here in WI called "Adventure Games + Hobbies and Toys" where he does sell some of the vintage 12" stuff. but he's old school (not on-line) doesn't even own a computer.

Hi Jerry - fortunately, you have the hardest part of the diver to find.  You hardly ever see the boot weights.  

suwanneetrader

Thanks for showing your Joes I don't think anyone would complain if you posted and sold or traded toy US Military figures and equipment on this Forum.  I'm not on Facebook either.   I did not look but may already be a category for them.    I'm 84 so they were after my time (we had the lead ones).  40 or so years ago I found a footlocker with uniforms and a couple of GI Joe bodies that a collector got excited over.  Richard

Rakkasan187

Impressive vintage collection of GI Joes..

I never had any of the vintage sets, Action Jackson was the Soldier I played with when I was growing up, still have him and the uniforms and accessories. When I got older I was able to purchase some of the vintage GI Joes at Yard Sales and Flea Markets and then I passed them onto my son who is now 30. He still has all of these plus many more. 

When my son started collecting he was able to get the later GI Joes, Ultimate Soldier and Dragon Figures and when he would go to Germany with his mom to visit relatives he would also purchase some of the German soldiers and kits there. He has about 10-12 GI Joe footlockers full of uniforms and equipment.

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

4 hours ago, numbersix said:

That's a very informative site, thank you for the link. In Britain GI Joe was named Action Man, I don't collect per se but I do have a box in the attic with my childhood Action Man collection. I have some of the cataloque booklets that came with the figures too. Will have to dig them out now!

I would really appreciate seeing your Action Man figures / accessories, if you ever get a chance.

I really tried to keep focused - which is a challenge for me - on the US Hasbro GI Joe '64-'69 figures.  As you can see from my pic, there are some Adventure Team flocked-hair guys that snuck into formation.  Though that Commander better be on a shaving profile (you prior-Army guys will get my quip there 😁).

I did buy one camo top and bottom from the Marx "All American Fighters" line, because I really liked the colors and pattern.  I'll try to remember to post a pic of that one.

5 minutes ago, 268th C.A. said:

I just sold my German gijoe.  I'm 63 years old, No kids... I didn't play with it any more. LOL let some one else enjoy it. 

Was he complete?  I've been looking for an MP-40 for my German SOTW guy - you can see he's holding a captured M3 in the pic.

ok now the break down. the german has a spare belt the one he has on is broke. originals are fragile. the russian has a broken trigger finger. it is glued on . that is why his gun faces opposite way. i added the tent to the japanese solider i thought i looked real cool. the japanese ammo pouches break easy if you are not careful i had to ger replacements still original. well i love what i see keep the pictures coming. oh i have the jeep to. not sure what to do with it. i was going to sell it but it cleaned up so good i am thinking of keeping it.