1950 "PATHFINDER News Magazine" & the Korean War

:rolleyes: Between 1950 and 1953 "PATHFINDER News Magazine" covered the events of the "Cold War" on the Korean front and told the stories of G.I. Joe, the latest military hardware, and what was happening at home and overseas. Most newspapers and magazines either ignored the Korean War or gave it only the back pages or buried in in between a publication. Today "Pathfinder" would be labeled a "Right-Wing" rag, but they did not try to promote the war or patriotism and left it up to the readers and while they also covered political events, they remained impartial as possible and objective. The front covers have had famous generals and admirals gracing them and this particular issu shows a 48-ton improved "General Patton" medium tank, I believe this was later called the M-48 Medium Tank when I served in Korea in 1960 with the 31st INF REGT ("Bearcat"), 7th INF DIV (Hour-Glass and Crushed Beer-Can)) at Camp Casey, Korea. We also had these at Fort Hood, Texas in 1959 when I was in the 66th Armored REGT, 2nd Armored DIV ("Hell On Wheels"). This was Volume 57, Issue 20 for 4 October 1950. I have seen the covers for issues in 1945 too, but have not gotten anything earlier than 1950? Their readership was 1,200,000 in 1950! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (hhbooker2@yahoo.com)

post-837-1235164196.jpg

Herbert Booker

donation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif