1967 Leg Holster Kit video

Jpage

If You have 39 minutes to kill, there's an informative video on the Rocket Jet kit from the Vietnam-era :

That is one of my holy grail wants, but they are so pricey.  Maybe one day I will have a lump of cash hanging around where I'll just say screw it and pull the trigger.  I have the plastic checklist for one.

I can see that one is pieced together with the other accessories seeing the RT-10 has a battery replace date of 1977 and the SDU-5 strobe is a post Vietnam era one as well as post Vietnam era battery.  Someone sold one of these kits not long ago that came with all the correct dated pieces, the knife was still in the bag.

48 minutes ago, Jpage said:

Always wondered what firing a penflare looked like. No way that would penetrate triple canopy rain forest.

Not the screw in types for sure.  Thats why the later push in Gyrojet kits became the USAF and US Army standards as a foliage penetrating signal kit.  If you look around youtube you will see more videos of pilot training classes learning to use the MK-79 (Navy) and also USAF SERE classes using the Gyrojet kits.  One of my buddies brought me back a gyrojet launcher and empty bandolier after he did his SERE course.