Paratrooper liners with separate A-yokes

dzandkw

Hey guys did someone screw up a perfectly goodww2 liner or does it look like a good rigger modified one? i know the chin cup is a repro but i wasnt sure about the a frame. Thanks Dan

post-4283-1235134584.jpg

post-4283-1235134684.jpg

post-4283-1235134692.jpg

post-4283-1235134697.jpg

Looks like a good late 40's/early 50's so-called "rigger-modified" paratrooper liner. Not a repro.

Shame about the use of a rather nice looking WWII liner in the process, as always!

Cheers,

Glen.

M-1Helmet.com
Shame about the use of a rather nice looking WWII liner in the process, as always!

Cheers,

Glen.

Glen, I agree its a shame of a nice early liner. But look at this and cry.....

30thdiv.jpg

30thdiv_jumpliner_2.jpg

30thdiv_jumpliner.jpg

30thdiv_int.jpg

30thdiv_nonpara.jpg

FYI, thats an original PAINTED 30th div. liner.

Pete

Yeah, but there's a big chip in the 30th insignia, Pete. It ain't worth anything now, except for conversion into an uber-paraplooper jump liner... hahaha

Hey guys did someone screw up a perfectly goodww2 liner or does it look like a good rigger modified one? i know the chin cup is a repro but i wasnt sure about the a frame. Thanks Dan

yes..is a good rigger para helmet... thumbsup.gif

very few fake riggers made helmets around...almost none!! they are not sexy...all the fakers copying the factory made para liners & they dont give a damn abt rigger made ones bc the rigger made are in low demand by collectors...

Looks like it could be a WW2 "rigger modified liner".

I like it!...Im a fan of the rigger made para liners.. thumbsup.gif. ....mike

for me they are very sexy...i meant they are not sexy for the majority of the collectors....they want an inland or a westinghouse...accordin to their logic the rigers are not good para helmets!!! okay...if they are not good para helmets what are they?...good submarine helmets?.... :blink:

i would take a factory para liner or a rigger para liner, as long as its original i wouldnt care too much, but then again mint helmets dont excite me too much i like a helmet thats been there not sat on a shelf so as long as its a para helmet i would be happy.

i would take a factory para liner or a rigger para liner, as long as its original i wouldnt care too much, but then again mint helmets dont excite me too much i like a helmet thats been there not sat on a shelf so as long as its a para helmet i would be happy.

i put 2 salty ones to the for sale section...many PMs ppl likes the staff but they wanna get them for pennies bc they are salty... :lol: okay..i understand that...everyone's looking for the best price...including myself.. :lol:

the first one of you para helmets looks good but i havent brought a helmet in a while, been working on family medals and photos to frame, once thats done back to helmets lol

People aren't really bothered about them as they are post-WWII modifications.

The Korean War period still isn't "sexy" amongst collectors unfortunately. Still the "Forgotten War".

Cheers,

Glen.

The Korean War period still isn't "sexy" amongst collectors unfortunately. Still the "Forgotten War".

Cheers,

Glen.

very true...most are korean war vintage

Virtually none are post war.

Cheers,

Glen.

Whether the helmet liner itself was made in WWII or post-war, this style of modifications - the so-called "rigger-modified" yokes for paratrooper chincups - were done post-war using up existing liners.

The base liners may be wartime ones (and yes, I have also seen post-war liners with the exact same mod), but the addition of the yoke is done post-war.

It is the use of wartime-era liners that normally confuses people into thinking that this is some sort of modification done by the riggers in the 101st (say) during the war. It isn't.

Cheers,

Glen.

Whether the helmet liner itself was made in WWII or post-war, this style of modifications - the so-called "rigger-modified" yokes for paratrooper chincups - were done post-war using up existing liners.

The base liners may be wartime ones (and yes, I have also seen post-war liners with the exact same mod), but the addition of the yoke is done post-war.

It is the use of wartime-era liners that normally confuses people into thinking that this is some sort of modification done by the riggers in the 101st (say) during the war. It isn't.

Cheers,

Glen.

yeah..there is no proof that the modification done wartime...maybe 1947 or 50-51...

Cheers,

Glen.

top pots in Australia sales rigger made liners as historically correct WWII period liners...so maybe he knows more than we....acctually the rigger made para liner is a clever thing bc when one or two of the A-frames torn off under stress its very easy to repair or replace them without screw the whole liner suspension to get access to the riveted points behind the A washers of the factory made ones

Johan Willaert
top pots in Australia sales rigger made liners as historically correct WWII period liners...so maybe he knows more than we....

Or maybe they just want to make more money.....

acctualy there is no documentation about rigger made helmets..just nothing...alot of books info about the normal factory made liners but nothing abt the riggers...!!! were WWII replacements or suplements? were the modification took place? in america or in europe?have they seen action in WWII? are they korean war era? in korea the troops jumped out of the C119s with infantry tied on the chin with clothing straps!!! :blink: the few pics i'v seen with normal M1C liners were normal westinghouse with OD painted cast buckles..the so-called postwar OD A frames with inland style wire buckles are not present anywhere in korea pics!!! oofffff.... :blink:crying.gif alot of confusion

as on the posibility to be a wartime modification for me is possible...i'v got no proof when i think that but who can prove otherwise? :unsure: how many close period pictures of american wartime M1Cs of the helmets interios we have? nothing!!! crying.gif

Yes, this is a gray area in para liner history without documentation, now theoretically whos to say that there werent enough para liners in WWII so here and there riggers made some when needed , and furthermore post WWII Im sure it was hard getting new equipment when so much was leftover from the war,so ordering more para liners may not have been possible so rigger ones were made 1946-1951, these are the ones I think that are mostly encountered by us collectors....I like them and think they have there place in collections but obviously wont command high prices like WWII made factory liners....this is just my thoughts, we dont have facts yet but maybe someday a document will surface or a Rigger from post war will confirm this.... think.gif .....mike

Yes, this is a gray area in para liner history without documentation, now theoretically whos to say that there werent enough para liners in WWII so here and there riggers made some when needed , and furthermore post WWII Im sure it was hard getting new equipment when so much was leftover from the war,so ordering more para liners may not have been possible so rigger ones were made 1946-1951, these are the ones I think that are mostly encountered by us collectors....I like them and think they have there place in collections but obviously wont command high prices like WWII made factory liners....this is just my thoughts, we dont have facts yet but maybe someday a document will surface or a Rigger from post war will confirm this.... think.gif .....mike

i'v no idea...i'v got no access to any official american document or any other source abt rigger M1C liners-all the M1C rigger made liners i have are original american with WWII suspension & OD A-frames & web 5 hole chincups used to death by the Greek paras for many many years so today they are all in hard used condition...dirty...dusty...with heavy green oxidization on the metal parts etc...of course there is no any militaria documentation in greece abt any kind of militaria including helmets...Greece is the very wrong place to search for documentations... w00t.gif