Name & Serial Number

Joe

I found this  M1 with a name & serial number on the liner. I can’t make out the 3rd & 7th number of the serial number. I’ve searched different numbers & came up with nothing. I’ve searched the name on Ancesty, Etc. still nothing.  Any ideas on this number?  I really enjoy finding an item with a name & trying to find out about the owner.

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it 

Joe

EE9C4B58-44BA-4BB9-B1EB-89B549D7858C.jpeg

ArchangelDM
2 hours ago, Joe said:

I found this  M1 with a name & serial number on the liner. I can’t make out the 3rd & 7th number of the serial number. I’ve searched different numbers & came up with nothing. I’ve searched the name on Ancesty, Etc. still nothing.  Any ideas on this number?  I really enjoy finding an item with a name & trying to find out about the owner.

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it 

Joe

EE9C4B58-44BA-4BB9-B1EB-89B549D7858C.jpeg

CavalryCombatant

Looks like a newer liner, you probably won’t turn up any results if you’re looking at WWII enlistees.

Yes the liner is dated 62. The neck band has 69 . Is there a online search for post war serial numbers?  I thought I’d searched a post war serial number before. But can’t remember where. But I maybe wrong. Old age !

Thanks 

Joe

I’m seeing…

553 57 592    or    553 57 532

I found the First MI Last & SN in a liner yesterday. I Googled the name and got his phone number. I gave him a call and we spoke for 15 minutes. Couldn’t believe it. I typed out most of the story in a post yesterday but don’t give up!