Lt. Theryl Neville CBI pilot

robinb

Great grouping!  What is amazing is that he survived 66 trips over the Hump.  Some of the most dangerous flying of WWII.  So many aircraft were lost flying the Hump that it's known as "The Aluminum Trail".

Spectacular group.  Definitely an underappreciated group.  I wouldn't want to be flying a slow, big target over mountains and through terrible weather over and over.  Tough gents! 

phantomfixer

That is killer, his slog book entry's are a nice touch...

I see a lot of the CBI A-2 name tags have the gold inlay....nice

Is the A-2 a Bronco or United Sheeplined?

• 2 months later...

Last weekend a little more of his stuff surfaced. Namely the 2 volume set of books put out by the Hump Pilot's Association in the late 1980's. Lt. Neville is in volume 2, along with a partial list of his awards. So I was able to correct his rack accordingly. 

nev1.jpg

nev2.jpg

nev3.jpg

Robin, this is a really outstanding group, but I'm afraid that you've added the wrong ribbon to the ribbon bar. You added a USAF Outstanding Unit Award rather than a Distinguished Flying Cross ribbon. That needs to be fixed.

Allan

• 4 months later...

I wasn't aware there was a set of books put out for Hump pilots. My Dad was a Hump pilot in the the 10th AF assigned to a Troop Carrier Squadron, I've been trying to recreate his cloth flight jacket that was stolen out of his car sometime in the 50's. He also had another one with the blood chit and sleeve patches that my effin' nephew took when I was away and his mother later gave away to goodwill. Is there a reprinting of that 2 volume set?