Chin strap question

phantomfixer

Hi 

If it’s any help, the clamps which are holding the chinstraps onto the bails are of European manufacture. 

phantomfixer

Thanks for that Riddler, I'm not sure about the shell to be honest, but it came with a very good liner...

The straps look to have the T-1 hook, with a brass buckle, the straps look ok to me, OD3...

s-l1600.jpg

US manufactured OD3 chinstrap material is a certain width and has a a certain number of rows to it but I can’t remember what those specs are. As you probably know you should have a long chinstrap with the buckle and a short one with the hook. Looks like some has added the buckle and hook to two lengths of OD3 chinstrap material. The loops on the helmet shell also appear to be too straight, US ones have a slight bend to them.

liner looks interesting is there a manufacturers mark stamped into the inside crown of the liner? 

Here’s a picture of US OD3 chinstrap material from my WW2 McCord M1. It’s 11/16 “ in width (1.8mm) with eleven rows of weaving.

A984F20B-542C-49B8-9086-132F77CDA662.jpeg.6dc8a418c15b17a814e6996c6e024904.jpeg

phantomfixer

The manufacturer mark is very faint on the dome...might be a westy but cant make it out 

I think the shell is not US, with fubared straps....but the liner is for sure WWII production....

shell looks like its painted one of the funny korean war type shades, very dark green. its probably pretty common to use euroclone straps when repairing helmets. one of the hardware seems to be stamped on the chinstraps, so i would think theyre euroclone straps