50s/early 60s M1C Chinstrap

326thAEB

I just found this m1C today and it has all green painted hardware. I have seen the clip on style chinstraps either with a mix of green clamps with black buckle and end keepers or all black hardware. Has anyone ever seen all green painted M1C hardware before? I’ve only found one other example online. The shell it is on is a front seam swivel bail and the liner is a Korean War era with green HBT. The set also came with with a 63 dated Mitchell cover. 

372C23FF-C042-4B1E-8DB4-77D3FFFD7B15.jpeg

1AB1497F-5FD7-4361-B07C-8D2F7634D5B2.jpeg

Really interesting, this style of strap is often not seen in M1C configuration. I don't own one like this, and I haven't seen one. Very nice pick up! 

Here's some of my M1Cs

M 181 A
M 326 A
M 337 B
M 337 C
M 337 D
M 341 C
M 338 B
M 339 C1

They're all green unmarked clamps, North and Judd marked black buckles, and unmarked balls.

Thanks for the reply Justin! I also have a McCord made helmet marked M 342 B it has green clamps and black buckle with a little anchor mark and squared tab end keeper . Sadly on both of my examples the green paint is flaking off badly especially on the clamps but it seems like this is common. 

I have a post-war McCord, M 325 B, (which if I understand correctly is from the 1958 McCord contract) with green M1C hardware. 

It should not be stamped with any markings. 

My initial impression was that they stopped using green around 1956 or so. 

Regardless, they're a neat find when you do find them. Pretty much hens teeth. 

13 minutes ago, elh1311 said:

I have a post-war McCord, M 325 B, (which if I understand correctly is from the 1958 McCord contract) with green M1C hardware. 

It should not be stamped with any markings. 

Nice, with full green hardware? Does the ball have the UC stamp? 

10 hours ago, Justin said:

I'll need to double check. 

On 3/27/2022 at 5:11 PM, Justin said:

Late follow up, I apologize. Yes, full green hardware and it has the UC stamp as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 9:13 PM, Justin said:

Really interesting, this style of strap is often not seen in M1C configuration. I don't own one like this, and I haven't seen one. Very nice pick up! 

Here's some of my M1Cs

M 181 A
M 326 A
M 337 B
M 337 C
M 337 D
M 341 C
M 338 B
M 339 C1

They're all green unmarked clamps, North and Judd marked black buckles, and unmarked balls.

Ohh that looks like very interesting numbers. Please do should some of these stamps, particularly M 337 D and M 339 C1. Would very much love to see those, but all others also.