111th Infantry-Company C Guidon Flag

FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35

Hello guys,

Im not 100 percent if this is the right spot to post this one but i think it would be as it was used in the Field.

A little secret of mine is other then 77th Division items, im into the 111th Infantry Regiments Service in the Pacific.

I found this for the right price at the Allentown PA show and had to get it. I dont know much about the history of the Guidon and was wondering if some could share some information as when it was used in the field. Was it Used at HQ or actually with the soldiers when on the move. Also is there a way to tell if this is a Pre WW2 or WW2 era Guidon.Thank You guys,Always appreciate the help! thumbsup.gif

post-3581-1235064707.jpg

FightenIrish35

Hey guys thought id bump this to the top to see if anybody could tell me when and where this flags were used.Thanks

I'd contact Tom McCabe at the 111th museum at the Armory in Spring City PA. He has a great museum containing many many 111th articles and uniforms and historic pieces from all eras.

Tom Bowers

On some guidons I have handled there is a date or mark under the sewn area behinde the leather tabs.You have to look or turn the matreial out at the tabs. Sometimes its ther sometimes not.

RON

Having the 111 and C sewn on "backwards" on the back side of the guidon suggests WW2...sometime since then the regs changed and the numerals/letters are sewn to blocks of material the same as the body of the guidon. What the WW2 style does is create a 'reverse image' like in Post 2; the modern style prevents that reverse image.

Good score!

Thrasher