Long tab T1 straps?

326thAEB

Hello all! 

I am putting together an m1C helmet for my Dak To display and was going to copy this helmet (using a replica Mitchell cover for the graffiti). Do these look like the long tab style chinstraps? I have a pair of long tab airborne straps from an 1965 dated box I plan on using. I just want to get it as close as possible to the one pictured. 

F12ECCA4-B757-439F-8CC2-582FCE5A0D26.jpeg

Oh I see what you're saying, I would say they look like the longer folded tab, seen on Ingersolls North and Judd chinstrap hardware. 

Thank you for the reply! It seems from pictures I have been looking at the long folded tabs started showing up pretty early with the 173rd. It’s hard to see unless on my desktop but these seem to be longer tabs as well in 1966 

1C208F99-2A74-41C4-BB1B-A302832ADEB5.jpeg

Here is another set of long clamp chinstraps in use at the Ia Drang In 1965 it seems the longer tabs came out pretty early. maybe it is just a production variation? 

9D8372A9-DB72-4395-AF61-D10488DCA410.jpeg

Here is another detailed photo of the 173rd at Vung Tau in 1965, although the chinstrap clamps appear to be the short style, the chinstraps end keeper is the longer squared off version.

9F95303E-2AD6-4616-9497-6FFBACE677E8.jpeg

Burning Hazard
10 hours ago, 326thAEB said:

Here is another detailed photo of the 173rd at Vung Tau in 1965, although the chinstrap clamps appear to be the short style, the chinstraps end keeper is the longer squared off version.

9F95303E-2AD6-4616-9497-6FFBACE677E8.jpeg

Top right helmet looks to be WWII production (sewn chinstraps).

Pat

The camo seems to be outlined in pen and the chinstraps definitely look to be ww2 era! Lots of great details in this picture. 

On 3/29/2022 at 7:37 AM, 326thAEB said:

The camo seems to be outlined in pen and the chinstraps definitely look to be ww2 era! Lots of great details in this picture. 

Pretty cool, never saw that before. Was it common?

I have seen a few covers with outlined pattern either on original in country used examples or in photos but I don’t believe it was common.