Help with Military Boots Identification

Hello,

I have a late IW/SAW cavalry and light artillery display. I wanted to add a pair of boots to these displays. I purchased the boots shown in the pictures below last weekend. The seller advertised them as model 1889 US cavalry boots. Looking at them closely, I think they may be newer manufacture than the SAW, more likely pre WWI or WW1. However, they are not russet color. WW1 cavalry boots I found on the internet are russet. 

I would appreciate any thoughts/feedback on the model and circulation date? officers or enlisted? Military issued or private purchase?

Eric 

c boots 2.jpg

c boot 1s.jpg

c boots 8.jpg

c boots.jpg

c boots 3.jpg

c boots 7.jpg

c boots 4.jpg

c boots 5.jpg

c boots 6.jpg

Private purchase, probably post 1900. Enlisted boots are pretty distinctive. 1872's closely resemble the civil war boot and were generally worn under the trouser, 1876 get a bit taller with a pronounced rise to the front to protect the knee (trousers now get tucked into them) and 1885 get even taller again with a distinct rise to the front. in 1892 the army experimented with the canvas legging and by 1894 adopted them.  Theres a lot of BS with QM 'specification' boots as they relate to dealers and sellers etc. First, the army boots pretty much paralleled what was popular for the civilian market, so distinguishing the difference is extremely hard especially with a well worn pair. I've had a lot of civilian boots over the years that fit the QM specs practically to a T but their provenance was a farmer or miner etc. Kinda funny if you think about it.  Theres also been some nefarious stamping of boots to make them into a 'genuine' US boot as well, so I am suspicious of them, esp. if they show wear. I'd just get familiar with the 3 basic patterns and locate a set that resembles them and be done with it.