Now a Days How Can I Sell & Ship Approx 100 Boxes of Old Old .22 Cartridges ?

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

In the back of a closet there are some metal ammo cans full of .22s in paper boxes, containing from a few to 50 cartridges.  Before I moved here 15 years ago I saved any box of 22s that I had not seen before or knew the mfg marking was no longer made. (did this for at least 40 years).  I shipped a bunch of 45-70s ten or so years ago and it was a hassle then (can't remember what the buyer had me do just remember Fed-X had some forms and special label for the box.)  Is it worth the trouble or is there a better and easier way to do it?   I'm 84 and the kids will just get rid of them anyway.       Richard .

Can't ship USPS, 

Here is how UPS does it: https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipping-support/shipping-special-care-regulated-items/hazardous-materials-guide/how-to-ship-ammunition.page

I can't turn up a good link for the FedEx rules at the moment. 

US sales only, and you can't ship to all states or localities.  

Don't take any of the above as fact, do your own homework. 

S,

you should be able to ship them via UPS. If you make it up to the UP bring them with you and I’ll buy them. 
miigwech!

CC

Hey Richard, I cover most of Florida and I can never pass up ammo… Do you already have a buyer? If you’re close I’d consider picking up.

But I’m afraid that you’re more in the “southern Alabama” area with a name like Suwannee Trader.

suwanneetrader

I have 2 dealers at the Flea Mkt that think they want them (I have not dug them out so they have not seen them)  The one guy sells shootable ammo not collectables and the other is a coin, bottles and militaria dealer (I sell to him as a last resort when items do not sell on here)  He makes me price the items and usually offers about half of what my last pricing was on here.

I know some of the boxes were $15. - $20. 20 years ago but some things are higher and some lower than then.  I want to photograph them and get a fair offer (at least 1/2 of retail on the collector market) But my big concern is how much time and dollars to ship within any regulations and if that cost will cause the sale price to be way down.   Sunday or Monday I will dig them out and take photos and count them as only guessing at 100 boxes. 

I started being suwanneetrader as I lived in Suwannee County FL (dove for relics and hunted/fished around the Suwannee River  for over 20 years) I've now been in Central FL for about 15 years.  Richard

Try one of the JAX gun shows, there will be one at the Armory on Normandy end of April. Then there is the MVPA vehicle/ militaria swap meet the 26-27 of this month in Green Cove Springs.

suwanneetrader

Been about 4 years since I attended a Gun Show and about 16 since I set up.  If I walk on hard surface too much my knees and legs hurt too bad.  Usually too crowded for a disability scooter.

Well I guess my concerns a mute point as I dug them out and must have sold the really old ones at last couple of shows I set up at.  The ammo cans did have 50+ boxes but none really old so probably not worth much.

I did pick out 25 boxes and all are  full unless noted in description. I numbered them from top left corner  going right and then down row by row.

#1 Federal HV Power-Flite 22LR #510  #2 SwartKlip 22LR SV South Africa  #3 Federal Hi-Power MV 22LR#710  #4 same #5 Federal Hi-Power 22 Short #701 15 rounds  #6 Mohawk "Red box' 22LR HV by Remington  #7 Mohawk "Green box" 22LR HS by Remington  #8 Federal Lightning 22 LR HV #510           #9 H-S Hy-Score Subsonic 22 BB caps 28 rds.   #10 Remington  22 LR HV  #1522  #11  Winchester Western 22LR HV Wildcat  #12 Eley 22LR HV #SE22LR   #13 S & W MV 22 Short 21 rds. #14 C-I-L Imperial 22 Short HV  #15  Remington Viper 22LR HV Solid #1922  #16 Peters Victor 22LR HS by Remington PR22  #17 Remington 22 Cyclone 22LR HS Hollow Point  #18 C-I-L Imperial 22 Short HV  #19 Winchester Super-X 22LR HV #X22LR  #20 Winchester Super Speed 22LR #SS22LR  #21 Western Super X 22LR #SX22LR 9 rounds  #22 Remington 22LR HV SHOT Cartridge 35 rounds  #23 New Remington 22 Short HS #1022  #24 Remington HI-Speed 22LR #1522 POOR BOX 11 rounds  #25  Remington HI-Speed 22 short "Golden Bullet" 27 rounds.  

Hope this info helps so someone can give me some guidance before I list them on Forum For Sale.  Richard

P1010017.JPG

P1010018.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010021.JPG

suwanneetrader

I've been thinking about these and Maybe the moderators won't let me list these as not US Military.  If I've messed up  SORRY.  Not on ebay anymore so don't know what to do with them.  Richard

Airborne-Hunter
23 minutes ago, suwanneetrader said:

I've been thinking about these and Maybe the moderators won't let me list these as not US Military.  If I've messed up  SORRY.  Not on ebay anymore so don't know what to do with them.  Richard

I think this is a relevant topic to the forum. Military collectors will run across military rounds all the time so a topic on what to do with them, military or not will fit the general purpose of this forum.

suwanneetrader

Thanks for input  Just as shooting rounds probably about $5.00 a box so I'm guessing at $8.00 or $9.00 to a collector ??  Richard

If you ship them, you will probably have to use UPS ground…. You might want to consider a small grouping of boxes.. or let the buyer have their pick of 5 or so, for one price, i.e. 5 boxes for $30-$40 or so.  If you ship one box at a time, the shipping might wind up close to the actual ammo value. 

I know you mentioned having trouble walking around gunshows... but that still might be best bet. Maybe walk in and find a couple of ammo guys and make an offer to sell the whole lot.

suwanneetrader

Thanks for all the help.  I just sold them to a friend at the Flea Mkt for $100.00 so no worry on shipping costs or which cities or states I can or can not send to.  Richard

20 hours ago, suwanneetrader said:

Thanks for all the help.  I just sold them to a friend at the Flea Mkt for $100.00 so no worry on shipping costs or which cities or states I can or can not send to.  Richard

Glad it worked out!