Vietnam War Graffitied USMC(?) Helmet

MilitaryPicker1941

MilitaryPicker1941

Just picked this one up today. According to the seller, this came from his dads friend that was a sailor on a ship that was transporting Marines and this helmet was left behind. This graffiti on this helmet is mostly towns and states, although it does have LSU, 3/1 and what appears to be a lieutenant bar on it. I’d imagine LSU is for Louisiana State University and 3/1 is probably for 3rd Bn/ 1st Marines. The liner is also named, but I can’t figure it out. All comments appreciated.

4F398352-17BA-4ECF-ADF9-17257C6603F8.jpeg

E445947B-0B29-4E77-A55A-EA0872DEF3C0.jpeg

28EA8FF3-56CE-460D-B010-EFF166E51783.jpeg

DCCBAD5D-381D-48C1-BB05-710A6E308F86.jpeg

FEE31019-B07F-4BBB-B4CB-59DBE88F4D55.jpeg

5BAA05A5-6701-4ED8-BA99-053D6D423FE8.jpeg

It's been awhile since such a nice Vietnam used helmet has shown up. I absolutely love it, thanks for posting

Justin 

MilitaryPicker1941

Thanks for the comments! Was really surprised to see this posted locally. Don’t find too much Vietnam stuff around here

2 hours ago, MilitaryPicker1941 said:

Thanks for the comments! Was really surprised to see this posted locally. Don’t find too much Vietnam stuff around here

Do you have any other local find Vietnam helmets similar to this one you could share? We would love to see them,

Justin 

MilitaryPicker1941
31 minutes ago, Justin said:

Do you have any other local find Vietnam helmets similar to this one you could share? We would love to see them,

Justin 

No helmets unfortunately. Only other VN thing I’ve picked up recently was a uniform grouping to a VN/DS vet

Lovely! The whole look speaks for itself!

I really like how the cover has been on there forever and the saltiness of the helmet in general! 

The saltiness of that helmet puts the atlantic to shame! The edges around the massive hole on the cover look so sharp and crusty, crazy what weather can do.