376th Infantry, 94th Div CMB Group

postmanusnac

postmanusnac

I'm pretty excited to add this group to my 94th collection!

This group belonged to S/Sgt Thomas E. Hill (1917-1991) from East St. Louis, Illinois who was inducted into the Army on July 13, 1941.  Thomas originally headed overseas with the 100th General Hospital, which arrived at Greenock, Scotland in April 1944.  In early August the 100th boarded the ill-fated Leopoldville and departed for France where they eventually ended up being located at Bar-le-Duc over the winter of 1944/45.  At some point in early 1945, Thomas would be transferred to the Medical Detachment, 376th Infantry where he would participate in Rhineland and Central Europe campaigns (he was also credited with Normandy) and earn his combat medical badge.  He would eventually go the 8th Armored, like many of the early dischargees of the 94th before heading home and leaving the Army in November 1945.  He passed away in Florida at the age of 74.

I was playing around the backgrounds, though I like the black better, the white lets me be less precise in cropping.

IMG_0745.png

IMG_0746.png

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

postmanusnac
1 hour ago, BILL THE PATCH said:

Nice, man your really building quite a collection of 94th div items. Congrats

Thanks Bill!

• 3 weeks later...
postmanusnac
35 minutes ago, BEAST said:

Very nice group! What is the book with the CMB info?

The unit history for the 376th.

21 minutes ago, postmanusnac said:

The unit history for the 376th.

Very interest that the have info on C Company, 319th Medical. 

postmanusnac
16 hours ago, BEAST said:

Very interest that the have info on C Company, 319th Medical. 

Co. C of the 319th Eng and 319th Med along with the 919th FA were the units that directly supported the 376th.

1 hour ago, postmanusnac said:

Co. C of the 319th Eng and 319th Med along with the 919th FA were the units that directly supported the 376th.

Thanks again, that helps to answer a question that I always had about medical support for the Infantry regiments. I think my Dad's Company A supported the 301st Inf.