Iwo Jima non slit cover in use

ArchangelDM

ArchangelDM

Well this should produce some interesting comments, 

while researching I found a very good piece of footage of a marine calling in a bombardment wearing a non slit cover, covers looks fresh and so does his helmet and P41s. As discussed on Pump150’s excellent thread and as expressed by many others, I believe these covers where bought in late war and due to speeding up production they where made with no slits, with the possible need to invade Japan time was short to get these out. Also With marines field gear wearing out due to the past few years of battle, new covers and equipment would be needed. 

below is the screen shot which is played ar 1080p and for me the details are all there, 

here is also the link to the video please go from 14 minutes In, 

what’s your thoughts. 

3BD3BCED-9136-4127-AACB-40BFBE95603D.png

B724EB9D-8DAD-4277-BB80-B9D5A6B43A0C.png

3E28CEBF-13CE-4D68-98E1-CFC12432D028.png

6E102EEC-CDAB-4FE1-A2A6-233D76ACE536.png

This really looks good! I’m optimistic that it’s a non-slit cover, as I am also optimistic that they were in use later in the war. 

But one thing that stands out is like „pump 150“ mentioned in the other topic on the cover debate that resolution is all. 
His example also shows a pretty good „no slit cover“ but on a good photograph of the scenes it turned out to be a slitted cover. 

We take most of our assumptions (me included) out from Videos but why ain’t there no solid picture anywhere available? 

Glad to see research still in progress out there!  As Blueprint said, a nice capture of a possible at best IMHO.  At this point on a true specimen found in use, I’d stay with my previous response on video quality/capture linked here by Blueprint (thanks). 

ArchangelDM
8 hours ago, pump 150 said:

Glad to see research still in progress out there!  As Blueprint said, a nice capture of a possible at best IMHO.  At this point on a true specimen found in use, I’d stay with my previous response on video quality/capture linked here by Blueprint (thanks). 

Research will always be ongoing with this subject until I find a HD photo 

Thanks 

DC