Navy Medal Of Honor

order_collector

order_collector

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me if it is original or copy?

Not my field of interest, bought this medal cause in my opinion the price was rediciolous even for a copy.

The neck ribbon is faded, scuffed and has small holes, folded as if it had been on display for a long time.

Thank you all in advance!

1 (1).JPG

1 (2).JPG

1 (3).JPG

1 (4).JPG

It’s legitimate and appears to have been a display medal for a long time. You are overseas, so enjoy it.

aerialbridge
On 3/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, order_collector said:

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me if it is original or copy?

Not my field of interest, bought this medal cause in my opinion the price was rediciolous even for a copy.

The neck ribbon is faded, scuffed and has small holes, folded as if it had been on display for a long time.

Thank you all in advance!

Must be nice, you're a lucky guy.   Curious if you don't mind sharing,  what did an authentic, nice old MoH cost you overseas?  Just so us here in the ole USA who can't legally own one can "eat our hearts out" even more.

suwanneetrader

I'm also curious.  Without any engraving on the back wouldn't it just be a copy maybe tho manufactured by the Government authorized company who struck the ones that were presented?  I have seen authorized copies sold overseas (years ago) for way under $100.00.  My knowledge is very limited so I may be way off in my recollection.  At 84 I guess you'll forgive me.  😊  Richard

order_collector

A little bit more than Richard wrote, but really a little bit. 

It was an auction, tipycally few days afterwards beggining to think why I bought it.

Problem is this neck ribbon, hard to find a way to warehouse it, not tipycal award that I'm regular dealing with.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a 1970s + era Lordship strike. The color and finish of the badge couple with the details or lack thereof speaks that maker to me. 

• 4 months later...