Please help ID the Type of WW2 M1 Steel Pot

The Rooster

The Rooster

Hello,

I need help, Id'ing this one.

The heat stamp is on the side partially covered by the rim (looks like 10A ? Or 110 A?  and the crimps on the front seam are strange to my eye.

Stainless Rim Dark OD paint front seam. Instead of circles or ovals the crimps look like striaght lines.

OD 7 Chinstraps. And a profile shot.

Is this a Parrish Reading helmet ? Or something other than a McCord or Schlueter?

DSCF4387.JPG

DSCF4388.JPG

DSCF4391.JPG

Being manufactured in 1945, a Parish-Reading helmet would have a rear-seam manganese rim.  Lot numbers are also prefixed with a P.

The Rooster
5 hours ago, aef1917 said:

Being manufactured in 1945, a Parish-Reading helmet would have a rear-seam manganese rim.  Lot numbers are also prefixed with a P.

Thank you. Do you have any thoughts on what it might be?

It's uncommon, but sometimes the lot numbers are in the 'wrong' place. This has to do with how the sheet of metal used to press the helmet was placed during its production.

From these pics it looks like it could be a Schlueter. 

On 3/1/2022 at 10:05 PM, The Rooster said:

Hello,

I need help, Id'ing this one.

The heat stamp is on the side partially covered by the rim (looks like 10A ? Or 110 A?  and the crimps on the front seam are strange to my eye.

Stainless Rim Dark OD paint front seam. Instead of circles or ovals the crimps look like striaght lines.

OD 7 Chinstraps. And a profile shot.

Is this a Parrish Reading helmet ? Or something other than a McCord or Schlueter?

DSCF4387.JPG

DSCF4388.JPG

DSCF4391.JPG

This is a McCord shell. These seam spot weld that looks like lines are actually half circle. McCord have both oval and half circle welds. Cannot see it fully clear, but it looks like the lot is 110xA, x being a number I cannot see. Maybe you could post a couple of images of the loops from the inside, not the chinstraps, but the loops, how they are welded to the shell. Helps greatly in identification. In addition, maybe a closer up image of the lot stamp.

If the number is that high it would indeed be a McCord, instead of Schlueter. As stated it's really hard to make out the maker from these pics alone. Rim seems rather flat in the profile pic but that could be the angle and the shadow throwing me off.