Engraved Numbered PURPLE HEART Question

GAZOO

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

And you can't send it back to the seller? Seems to me that would be my first step at this point. 

No, I accept my ERROR I should of done better research, Its my fault for not doing my homework.

Also I am not fully convinced the seller was aware

EDIT And its better its off the market

aerialbridge
2 hours ago, GAZOO said:

No, I accept my ERROR I should of done better research, Its my fault for not doing my homework.

Also I am not fully convinced the seller was aware

EDIT And its better its off the market

Great Gazoo,  you don't have to take a few $K hit for something that's worth a couple hundred on a sunny day with world peace and $2.50 gas.  If the seller is honest and didn't know, he should take it back and take the loss.  As far as it being off the market,  "buyer beware", you don't have to jump on the $$$ grenade for this, so long as losing a few $K is not spare change for you.

50 minutes ago, aerialbridge said:

Great Gazoo,  you don't have to take a few $K hit for something that's worth a couple hundred on a sunny day with world peace and $2.50 gas.  If the seller is honest and didn't know, he should take it back and take the loss.  As far as it being off the market,  "buyer beware", you don't have to jump on the $$$ grenade for this, so long as losing a few $K is not spare change for you.

Thanks for the insight and understanding, I however feel this was more a Buyer Beware Type sale on My Part.
I was hoping to add what I felt was a under priced item and I needed to hurry up and complete the purchase before I was
better educated

Not sure if the seller was aware and maybe we can come to a fair loss on both parts ?
I am not looking for that as a remedy, but would go a long way on the STAND UP Guy scale

ALSO So as not to be a Total Loss I will still display it as a CONSTANT reminder to not let the, I better jump now
thing happens again

Last thanks for everyone's Kind responses and thoughtful insights
all very much apprciated

Just received the "SACRIFICE REMEMBERED" I am very Impressed
Must weigh 4 lbs + Really Nice Hard Cover and looks to be FULL COLOR
on ever Page

Time to start the next step. Thanks for putting this together. I cant wait
to learn more

Very Nice a fast scan through the above mentioned Book and there on page 215 I see the same Triangle
pattern at the end of the letters, This one however is done in Serif So maybe the Fowler PH Was an attempt
at a serif ? Interesting I cant wait to have read this cover to cover Much knowledge to be acquired Thanks
@Dave

13 hours ago, GAZOO said:

Very Nice a fast scan through the above mentioned Book and there on page 215 I see the same Triangle
pattern at the end of the letters, This one however is done in Serif So maybe the Fowler PH Was an attempt
at a serif ? Interesting I cant wait to have read this cover to cover Much knowledge to be acquired Thanks
@Dave

Yes, that was my thought process - I think the engraver was making the engraving look nicer, and thus intentionally did the serifs. 

Also, thank you for the compliments on the book! :) 

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Yes, that was my thought process - I think the engraver was making the engraving look nicer, and thus intentionally did the serifs. 

Also, thank you for the compliments on the book! :) 

Thanks again Dave BTW I am even more impressed with the book after holding it for a bit :)
The individual pages are not the typical book page thickness, these pages are double thick heavy

paper stock. I dont think I have a better book (Material/construction wise) anywhere in my Library.
Just top notch on every respect MY Appreciation is Overflowing

YES After my first day with this information book I think I have noticed something interesting
Looks to me ONLY the NAVY ENGRAVERS were doing this fancy type almost script type engraving

and looking close (magnifying the book pages :)) I noticed they are the only ones who went back
and added the letter end SERIF hand embellishment. I can see the triangle clearly in some, Now looking
at the GCM I see a similar NAVY type style ? I am curious if maybe a NAVY Engraver got Charged with
doing ARMY engrave and just added what they were use to doing ?

OK Last I am going to contact TEXAS A & M Since they have the MOH along with a PH and other items in
his display, I want to ask them if the PH Was part of the collection when received, and if it is engraved at all.
If I can somehow get this sorted out I will offer what I have to the be added to there collection if they are
interested.