Small Raider Patch "Shirt size"

usmc1981

Is this a period embroidered/cheesecloth small variation Raider patch?  Also, Is this the most common variant of the 3 variences identified?  Thanks in advance.

r1.jpg

I found this photo of LT Raymond L. Luckel, Co. I,  4th raider battalion wearing the small shirt sized raider patch.  Very cool image    

9C63C52A-BBA9-4355-8066-DEFE2ABE98AC.jpeg

5 hours ago, usmc1981 said:

I found this photo of LT Raymond L. Luckel, Co. I,  4th raider battalion wearing the small shirt sized raider patch.  Very cool image    

9C63C52A-BBA9-4355-8066-DEFE2ABE98AC.jpeg

Company O

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith said:

I don’t think that is the shirt-sized patch on twill.

Its possible I'm incorrect, just thought it looked like it

2 hours ago, usmc1981 said:

Its possible I'm incorrect, just thought it looked like it

It’s hard to tell from the pics - I suppose it could be shirt-sized, the more I look at the aspect of height and width.

Just a skull design that I’m unfamiliar with.

I suppose you’ve already happened upon this?:

https://www.marsoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/WWII-Raider-Patch-Study.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0yf-69KlIafEdqiFDMYvHTUEauVW_Z1y1MrCz3Hej-lLe5p2f5ME7QckU

1 hour ago, Blacksmith said:

It’s hard to tell from the pics - I suppose it could be shirt-sized, the more I look at the aspect of height and width.

Just a skull design that I’m unfamiliar with.

I suppose you’ve already happened upon this?:

https://www.marsoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/WWII-Raider-Patch-Study.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0yf-69KlIafEdqiFDMYvHTUEauVW_Z1y1MrCz3Hej-lLe5p2f5ME7QckU

I did, saw that today.  I wish he had photographed the reverse of the patches   

looks like a shirt size to me. Maybe just a maker variation or how the photo was processed giving blurred details in original print. Looking at the star at 4'oclock position how it touches the white border is to me the same at a shirt size or ones I have seen on blues etc

I wonder if that could be the fully embroidered version of the shirt size patch? That one seems to be missing from Doug's article. 

Picture_109.jpg

31 minutes ago, Eric Queen said:

I wonder if that could be the fully embroidered version of the shirt size patch? That one seems to be missing from Doug's article. 

Picture_109.jpg

Thought the same

One posted by MB Morley here on forum. Maybe twill and we see a bump on the skull on the twill and not on the embroidered base

The star touch edges/ borders at 4 and 7 0'clock positions

image.png.8b48aa12236cac0a068981e624bbfeb1.png