new 67 dated M-65 with rank on epauletts

korea drab

Today this jacket arrived to me.

Seller stated "warrant officer" in Armored Cavalry Assault Vehicle.

Here his rank on picture,and this rank is? I need some reference to nam era ranks on cloth.

Can we determine to wich force he belonged?

Comments?

As usual thanks for any tip on this.

post-1820-1234914402.jpg

In my opinion, this is a put-together. thumbdown.gif

No self-respecting Warrant Officer would wear his rank in this manner, and his commander and First Sergeant would have issues with it, too.

In my opinion, this is a put-together. thumbdown.gif

No self-respecting Warrant Officer would wear his rank in this manner, and his commander and First Sergeant would have issues with it, too.

While all Commisioned Officers outrank all Warrant Officers: a First Sgt. is outranked by all Warrant Officers, & would be out-of-line, & not authorized to make any correction to a Warrant Officer!!!

While all Commisioned Officers outrank all Warrant Officers: a First Sgt. is outranked by all Warrant Officers, & would be out-of-line, & not authorized to make any correction to a Warrant Officer!!!

I could be wrong here, but if I recall, the US Army directly procured warrant officers. The Army Warrants were not the same as "Chief Warrant Officers" which were prior enlisted. This thought is also based on when I joined the Navy in the 70's there was a guy on the bus to the MEPs station who was joining the marines as a warrant. He was telling me he would get E5 pay in bootcamp and through training then be advanced to warrant on sucessful completion of schools.

Anyhow, not disagreeing with you, it is the job of the senior enlisted to "train" junior officers. It is a pain, but necessary. Tact has a great place during this time.

I beleive that someone, not familair with basic regulations had these patches and just sewed them on.

Jon B.

Newaygo MI

Thanks to all for that info!

I just removed those ranks!So i have now a nice strong OD 1967 dated M-65 in Large Long,hahahaha.

Jacket is mint.

Karl

El Bibliotecario
I could be wrong here, but if I recall, the US Army directly procured warrant officers. The Army Warrants were not the same as "Chief Warrant Officers" which were prior enlisted. This thought is also based on when I joined the Navy in the 70's there was a guy on the bus to the MEPs station who was joining the marines as a warrant. He was telling me he would get E5 pay in bootcamp and through training then be advanced to warrant on sucessful completion of schools.

Anyhow, not disagreeing with you, it is the job of the senior enlisted to "train" junior officers. It is a pain, but necessary. Tact has a great place during this time.

I beleive that someone, not familair with basic regulations had these patches and just sewed them on.

Jon B.

Newaygo MI

I agree someone just sewed the WO bars on, and think the owner made a good decision in removing them.

In all of my military service I never heard of people entering the army directly as warrants. During the Vietnam era a lot of kids enlisted for Warrent Officer Flight school and became W1s in relatively short order--but they had to complete basic training and a relatively long and rigerous WOF program. All the other army warrant officers I knew had prior enlisted service as NCOs which had provided them much of their specialized knowledge--and they all began as Warrent Officers W1 before being advanced to Chief Warrant Officer (W2 and up)

I don't know if the story the guy told on the bus to the MEPS station was true, but I do know the level of BS amongst recruits about to be inducted is extremely high. I believe this is the same place I heard the story that basic trainees were fed saltpeter to inhibit thier sex drive, but before going home on leave it would be removed from their left testicle with a square needle.

1SGs do have a role in training junior officers--but WOs are neither junior officers nor do they behave like junior officers, and no 1SG would ever treat one like a 2LT.