how to display?

lytec

ok so I had no idea where to put this question. I am in Australia and flak vests etc are not worth the hassle trying to get. I have some desert flak vest covers and they look terrible in a way as I cant really display them. Is has anyone used anything to fill the areas where the actual vest would go? Would foam work at all and if so is there a pattern? are the real one just plates that slide in? not seen one in real life as i said Australia you cant have the good stuff like you can in USA

Vests that I have seen have large pockets where individual ceramic plates are inserted. You could use foam but the actual plates have a slight curve that follows the wearers body shape.  You could look online for replacement plates to get an idea of what they look like.  You might also find something more rigid than foam.. maybe a hardback book about and inch thick or less.

you are a champ mate. Thanks for the info. After your response i found some plastic dummy plates. If anyone has a real vest they could post pics of that would be awesome. its for a choc chip vest so guessing around the early 90s