d-day normandy 6june 44 4th division utah beach

bastogne44

The mannequins you use are simply stunning. Very impressive collection too! Thanks for taking the time to photo it and share it with us.

Poss

• 2 weeks later...

hello

thank you for your comments which are very fun to read

thank you guys for your encouragement

another model soon, but there will be an authentic decor but an enemy

bastogne44

• 1 month later...
bastogne44

hello

I are back after a moment of absence

recovered from an exchange with a tent color code, a soldier of the 29th Division 116th Regiment POW in belgium .. aachen battle in October 1944

a bientot

bastogne44

post-2191-1275946088.jpg

post-2191-1275946127.jpg

Most impressive collection! :thumbsup:

I do love the personal items, rations and demolition items!

I still have a long way to go....... :crying:

• 1 year later...
Squad leader
thanks ccmax :thumbsup:

Here are some letters and v-mail regiment of 29th Division

Unfortunately some are kia :crying:

post-2191-1258138609.jpg

technician 5th class walther e heym (new jersey)...............121st engineer combat batallion died 15 july 1945

post-2191-1258138469.jpg

pvt harold f strong anti tank 115th infantry regiment

post-2191-1258138486.jpg

sgt kenneth d dirth 116th infantry regiment (kia)..........novembre 1944?

Hi Bastogne44,

Sgt Kenneth D. Dirth was KIA on August 5, 1944 in the vicinity of Vire.

Great collection and perfectly displayed. :thumbsup:

Dan.

Im finding it hard not to go out and try to find a full size mannequin after seeing all the nice displays that show up on this forum. Great work. As a matter of fact I think I will start looking.

Craig If you are close to Edmonds there is a guy up that way who has been posting a nice, male sitting mannequin for the last few weeks. $100 bucks, I'd buy one, but it can't quite happen at this time :(

• 1 year later...

Bruno: I have been trying to email you , but I do not think my messages are getting through. I wanted to know if you had interest in selling that piece of my grandfathers equipment you showed on here yet. If you are ready to sell I am still very, very intersted in buying it from you, just tell me how much.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Wow !!! What a great display of militaria !!!! So many item with US connections. Have you ever found anything of the 35th Infantry Division? My uncle fought with Co. H, 137th Inf, 35th Div as a machinegunner all through Normandy to the Bulge and the end. He was awarded 2 Purple Hearts.

• 8 months later...

hi

few items typical of the division, subject personnellle, helmet 4th in Belgium, cover engraved gamelle(ardennes) search HARRY D REED kia in December 1944 in Belgium.

bracelet MERLIN A NEWHOUSE 12th infantry regiment kia in normandy july 07 1944

grouping john robert wilkinson injured in normandy

book division, thanks dated 1945 to the 4th division.

my favorite models badges.

a bientot

bastogne44 said the cousin

attachicon.gifPhoto_1616.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto_1619.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto_1612.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto_1611.jpg

Hi, I am very interested in the bracelet belonging to Merlin A. Newhouse. Merlin was my husband's uncle and is buried in Normandy. We are going on a WW II Memorial Tour in Sept. 2013. Since we will be going to the cemetery, I was searching for information on Merlin and was shocked to see the picture of his bracelet come up. Merlin was born on November 8, 1917 in Freedom, Wisconsin and entered the service on December 7, 1942. Is there anyway I can contact bastogne44? Would it be possible to purchase this bracelet?

hi

few items typical of the division, subject personnellle, helmet 4th in Belgium, cover engraved gamelle(ardennes) search HARRY D REED kia in December 1944 in Belgium.

bracelet MERLIN A NEWHOUSE 12th infantry regiment kia in normandy july 07 1944

grouping john robert wilkinson injured in normandy

book division, thanks dated 1945 to the 4th division.

my favorite models badges.

a bientot

bastogne44 said the cousin

attachicon.gifPhoto_1616.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto_1619.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto_1612.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto_1611.jpg

• 5 months later...

Absolutely stunning collection! I really like the G.I. of the 175th 29th infantry division mannequin and 29th infantry division helmet. In fact I like everything a lot. How long have you been collecting for because you have a huge collection.

-Dave

• 3 years later...

As Bruno is not interested in answering my emails anymore, I will put this to the group. I am interested in purchasing a piece of equipment which has my grandfathers name on it, which Mr Bruno has displayed in this forum. I am also interested in helping the family of Merlin Newhouse out by purchasing Merlin's bracelet and returning it to the family. I am placing a bounty for the return of each of those items. I do not wish to get into dollars (euros) and cents in an open forum, but I will pay for information (through paypal) leading to how I can get in touch with Bruno and for the items themselves, plus a hefty finders fee.

Thank you