Massachusetts State Guard WW II

mrgsmvm

Unfortunately, there is no Topic/Title specific to State Guard, State defense Force, Home Guard, etc. so I posted under Home Front & War Effort. This area of collecting has and is expanding and popular so someday there might be a section devoted to this area of collecting.

Any way; 

I am currently working on an inventory update on my collection, and I thought you might enjoy looking at two items.

First is a marker flag that was utilized by the: Medical Detachment, Headquarters Troop,3rd Motor Squadron, Massachusetts State Guard WW II. This was attached to the front fender of a vehicle of theirs by a short wooden staff. It’s a little worn with some cloth missing here and there because it was well used but this is the Real Deal. This has been in my possession for the past 30+ years and under glass for that time frame. Oh, at the bottom of the frame is a DI of the unit.

Second is an early WW II poster example. The recruiting poster has been in my possession for the past 40 years. Does show it’s age but as you know these were not meant to be saved and were printed on less than quality cardboard. I never been framed but it has always been covered when not being displayed to the general public.

Lots of other interesting items to show in the coming weeks/months as I wander thru much history. Enjoy and thanks for looking. Any feedback/comments are always welcomed.

John Gisetto Sr.

AKA: Captain Midnight

Member of:

ASMIC

OMSA

100_5277.jpg

100_5538 (2).jpg