Photo ID? Billy Fisk?

gumbytoddnet

So I picked this up some time ago and the other day I came across a picture of William Meade Lindsley Fiske III or Billy Fisk. I am wondering if any of you Gentlemen think this might be a photo of him? It's marked Hills & Saunders Cambridge. This photographic firm is well noted for it's rich and famous clients.  Anyway The lips eyes and nose seem good to me Lol may never know for sure? He was a gold medalist and I think one of the first Americans killed in WWII.  No other markings other than it's in a nice original oak frame. Thoughts welcome! Thanks!

20220130_090201 (1).jpg

20220130_010751.jpg

So there is a picture of him on his passport I was also looking at? But you very well may be right? Thank you for your input. And his passport photo of a younger age too! Now thinking about it?

Just remember in uniform, it is almost definitely always 1940 as he joined the RAF on July 12, 1940. He was killed in the Battle of Britain Sumer in August 1940.  The one above in sweater is him in the 1936 Olympics, so that is his youngest photo of all of those above.  So yours in uniform would have to be him in ther last couple months of his life, just too young. 

Your RAF Pilot in the photo is a member of the Volunteer Reserve as evidenced by the "VR" devices on his collars. Billy Fiske was not a VR pilot. It is aa gorgeous studio portrait though.

Allan

Thanks Allan. Here is the frame it was with. The back has original paper and wire hanger. I would need my ladder to re-hang it! I sure would like to know who he was? 

20220205_102330.jpg