Airborne-Hunter
On 11/30/2022 at 7:38 PM, dmar836 said:

Any story on those?

The medals are engraved:
Silver Star is named " T-Sgt J. F. Powers 1st Cav Div"
Bronze Star: "J.F. Powers"
Purple Heart: "T-Sgt J.F. Powers 1st Cav Div."
GCM: "James F. Powers"

But I've never been able to find anything on him. I can't find a citation for any of the awards.

Airborne-Hunter

6-10-22 - Local referral - Everything found in the box in the garage. The man died without kids and left it to his friend who died without kids and left it to his niece, who is elderly and without kids and was looking for a good home.

6-10-22 local referral.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

6-25-22 -A very good friend of mine collects milk bottles and on one of his excursions he ran into a man who had this helmet. That man was a plumber and one of his clients was a WW2 vet who gave this to him one day. Fast forward 30 years and, advanced in age, the man was looking for a new home for this one. He told the milk bottle guy who told me and here it is.

6-25-22.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

7-30-22 - 600th Bomb Squadron, 398th Bomb Group POW Photo Albums - Estate Sale - Total goose chase on this one. Saw an air plane on the from of a scrap book, felt like there was military and here's the find. Shot down over Europe. A year behind lines. Stayed in the Air Force for years afterwards.

7-30-22.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

8-3-22 - Enlisted Navy Group - Somehow this person got a hold of me from someone else, but I never figured it out. The father served aboard a bunch of ships in the Pacific. The father received a 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th award (even though 4 bars) on the Good Conduct. He did not get a third because my understanding is he got busted for some liquor. This was the only American find of note for the month of August. Did get a WW1 German helmet and two Japanese naval swords though. ABN

8-3-22.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

9-4-22 - Submarine Dolphin - Gold & Diamonds - This is another one where I threw some stuff to a guy and he came back with this. I was happy.

9-4-22 alamed.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

9-4-22 - Bomber Pilot in Europe who did his missions and got sent stateside to train new pilots - Again, another group where I was nice to someone, someone different than the dolphin, and they saved this for me when it came out of the storage unit.

9-4-22 alameda.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

9-4-22 -45th Fighter Squadron Korea - Third one for the day - I threw some stuff the direction of another guy I know and he pulled this out of a flea market in Southern California for me.

9-6-22.jpg

• 2 months later...