M1942 First Aid Pouch & Bandage Inquiry

pwcosol

Had friend of mine bring me the pictured M1942 first aid pouch with tinned bandage the other day. I hope to be getting a close to complete jungle kit in similar condition as well. These came with a tote tub full of nice USGI field gear, etc. acquired from an estate sale. I noted the pouch bears no markings on it at all. Also thought these were discontinued in deference to the later, wider variant and ultimately to the jungle pattern superseding both. Thoughts welcome...

M1942 FAP 1.JPG

M1942 FAP 2.JPG

M1942 FAP 3.JPG

Bandage Tin.JPG

eaglerunner88

That looks to be an M1924 pouch as the later M1942 was wider, like you mentioned, to accommodate the larger cardboard packet variant. Yes, strange though with no markings. 

Really interesting, had not seen a pouch like this. 

I have a "U.S.M.C" marked carlisle pouch with May 1953 date, but it has the standard belt hook. Yours with the USMC wire style is definitely a cool factor, hopefully someone knows... where's Keystone at? 

Justin 

Thanks everyone. In the estate deal my friend got, he basically had it all to himself. There were some U.S., a few German and numerous Japanese bayonets, a couple M1910 shovels, a new M1942 US GI (Wood 1944) E-tool w/cover, mint M1 carbine (Atlas 1944) Para-case and the other pattern for linesmen, etc. Previous owner had been collecting since the 1970s and though not an extensive collection, he had a eye for condition. The M1942 pouch I pictured is dark green in color...sometimes it is a pain to get my digital camera to accurately capture exact color.