WW2 USMC Paramarine Bag, anyone recognize?

usmcaviator

This was a bag that came from a lot of Paramarine items. It almost appears to me to be some sort of parachute bag. I do not have the Paramarine book (it's on the way from Amazon books). The vet's service spanned 26 years. So this bag may be later. It has no markings, is a green OD, and measures about 15" square. It has loops on the bottom and loops internal on the flaps. There are also 4 sets of ties internal of the bag. Can anyone identify this bag? Thanks.

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

Looks like part of the packaging of a cargo chute. If I am not mistaken. I have a complete one and I think I remember it being in there. I also have a whole stack of those things which are white.

It looks like a cargo chute pack tray to me also - I think it's inside out, the ties should be on the outside to tie it to the load and the straps should be internal to hold the risers in a zig-zag looped position to pay-out as the chute deploys. initial wartime cargo chutes (for A4 and A5) were 2 piece with a pack tray and pull-out panel that had the static line but in the late stages of WWII they were experimenting/using a single bag as you have, I've seen them in OD but this is the first one I've seen in what appears to be khaki.

It looks like a cargo chute pack tray to me also - I think it's inside out, the ties should be on the outside to tie it to the load and the straps should be internal to hold the risers in a zig-zag looped position to pay-out as the chute deploys. initial wartime cargo chutes (for A4 and A5) were 2 piece with a pack tray and pull-out panel that had the static line but in the late stages of WWII they were experimenting/using a single bag as you have, I've seen them in OD but this is the first one I've seen in what appears to be khaki.

You know, I think it is photographed inside out. Thanks for your post and information.

Best,

Mike