Welson-Davis liner

cricket

I Posted this in what’s it worth without much activity, I’m hoping more people with the knowledge might see it in the helmets section. I don’t have a use for this Welson-Davis liner as my main area of interest is jet age flight helmets and masks.  I want to get rid of it however I have no idea of current values on these.  Any help on a price range isappreciated.  Thanks for your time.

F4F4E116-0A1B-4720-A16D-18BFED05E860.jpeg

DDD153A3-DAF5-479D-8FA4-E9C600722F1C.jpeg

A7081379-1B58-499B-AB9B-8FAEFA3072BD.jpeg

920788FF-A3A9-45FB-AC5F-2EEFB6890F3F.jpeg

2380C536-A19B-4692-A27C-27F7AD73B911.jpeg

I can't help you with a price since I've ever seen or heard of one of these before. Very interesting. Hopefully someone with knowledge of these will be able to help you out. 

Mikie

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, GeneralCheese said:

I sold one of these with the titanium shell for $1400 about 2 years ago.  I regret it ever since.

Unfortunately I don't have a titanium shell.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the titanium shells were built with lugs to accept the webbing only, as such this particular liner would not have been used with a titanium shell.  I assume the liner I have would have been worn in testing with a standard pot or possibly on it's own as the few Welson-Davis liners I've seen are spray painted with white (what I assume) control numbers.  I really don't know much about them and they fall outside my area of interest.  Any idea of a fair value as I don't need this one and would like to offer it up.  

10 minutes ago, aef1917 said:

There were two types of titanium helmets, one with the lugs for direct attachment of the webbing, and one that used the standard M1 liner.

Thanks, I didn't know that.