Help ID'ing A FFAR-like 2.75 in Rocket w/Bomblets

GunShowScavenger

GunShowScavenger

I picked up this cutaway rocket a couple weeks ago and haven't found anything remotely similar on Google.

It contains around 10 small bomblets that look like they were made on a CNC machine. I'm thinking this was a prototype Mighty Mouse and would love some more info on it. Does anyone know what this is or how much it's worth?

Thank you!

Hydra1.jpg

Hydra2.jpg

Hydra3.jpg

Charlie Flick

From the BuWeps reference and the contract number it appears to be a Navy item.  However, I can't be any more specific than that as my reference materials do not show this version of the Mighty Mouse.  Neat item.

Charlie

Older 2.75” pre-80’s? The pop out long, hinged fins was the early design rocket motor.  Navy as Charlie stated. The warhead looks weird, a fuze is absent, looks like a windshield design nose cone which would suggest a “ payload “ design. The payload munitions unknown, and not standard FFAR stuff. My guess, an experimental design? Can you get a picture of how the warhead is attached? The standard warheads have a square acme type thread and is screwed into the rocket body.

with any ordnance there were many experimental items.this looks like an xm type that resembles a rockeye type projectile in a cargo head....................dave