Knuckle duster mod for M7 Bayonets

The Rooster

Heres something new... to me.

An Aluminum knuckle duster for an M7 Bayonet.

Replaces the scale on one side. New to me.

Has anyone seen one of these before?

The seller stated that these are made out of Aluminum.

2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

The Roster- These have been around well over 30 years. The page from M.H. Cole's book you posted has a 1988 date on the picture, which is a fairly good indicator of how long. There was a seller who had a bunch of these up until about a year ago. He bought them from the son of the original designer. It was a good idea. But never saw many around.  SKIP

Hi Folks,

John Gibson and Gary Ruleford have a website called: Military Fighting Knives, where they have a section of knives for sale.  John Gibson is the one who had the knuckle knife handles for sale.  In his description, he encouraged people to copy the story for times just like this.  You may note that Mr. Cole accidentally said the knuckles were made of black plastic,,,, he didn't mean that.  I think the grips with the groove around the perimeter of the grips, like The Rooster shows, are reproductions.   I bought a set from Gary in the white.   Here's the story.

Marv

M7 Knuckle Knife---Mint----A little history: These cast aluminum knuckle handles were made by John T. Graham of Ft. Wright, Kentucky. I first saw one of these at a Military Show in northern Kentucky in the mid 80's, so they were obviously made prior to that. My best guess is mid 70's because I think he was trying to get a Government contract for them. He passed in 1988, so that info is lost. In 2009 I just happened to run across his son at a show in Louisville. The son was selling his Dad's military items, which had been in the basement since he passed, and included quite a few of the knucks. Some of the knucks were painted black and some were in the raw. They all had the correct markings on the back. They are marked 1 thru 8 and the letter "A". Unfortunately the son had no knowledge of their history. I bought all he had and he promised to sell me the ones that were still in the basement. Fast forward to about 2011.........the son came through and I bought the remaining stock.

John Gibson

m7knuck1.jpg

m7knuck.jpg

Thank you Marv. The ones I show were for sale on ebay. I got 2 of these. No numbers or letters on them like you say, must be knock offs?

Gives the old M7 a cool look!

16 minutes ago, The Rooster said:

Thank you Marv. The ones I show were for sale on ebay. I got 2 of these. No numbers or letters on them like you say, must be knock offs?

Gives the old M7 a cool look!

I agree, they look great. Now I wish I had bought a couple more.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine in and here is how they ended up. I put them on a new old stock BOC and on a New Ontario M7.

DSCF4378.JPG

DSCF4379.JPG

DSCF4381.JPG

DSCF4383.JPG

DSCF4384.JPG

On 2/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, sactroop said:

They may be knockoffs, but they do look clean and well made.👍

Thank you Sactroop!

They give the knife more heft and they fit well.

And they do look good ! lol

I'm pleased with them.