Airborne Helmet liner legit?

Jeff Cooper

Not sure how legit this liner is.  The A washers and rivets fastening the A yoke to the liner don't match the other washers.  Liner is Westinghouse.  Wonder if its a homemade modification.  Helmet is rear seam swivel bail.  Any thoughts are appreciated. 

IMG_9364.JPG

IMG_9365.JPG

IMG_9367.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG

CavalryCombatant

Would need more pictures but I actually think it stands a chance.

To get the ball rolling, can you try to find the heat stamp? 

Im not great with paratrooper chinstraps but up close photos of the shell chinstrap stitching would be pretty crucial.  

And out of my own curiosity, can we also get an upclose of the paint residue in the liner?

More pics, and thanks for your help.  Not noticing any paint residue inside the liner.  Heat stamp looks like 60A.  Shell has been repainted smooth with white tape rank.

IMG_9370.jpg

IMG_9374.jpg

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9376.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9378.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

CavalryCombatant

I like what I see, the RA in the shell lines up with the time I’d imagine this to be used.  Manganese bales are also something I like to see.   I can’t compare stitching at the time as my M1C is elsewhere for the time, but nothing jumps out to me as inherently wrong.

I’m leaning towards postwar rigger done setup, but I’ll wait for some of the more experienced airborne guys to chime in.

Burning Hazard

RA = Regular Army I believe, which is a post-WWII used stencil. This is a

Still, a very nice late WWII to early post-war helmet set with most parts being WWII - including a nice M1C shell.

Pat

Looks good. The Westinghouse liners with wire buckles have been discussed before and they are quite rare in comparison to the cast buckles. 

Nice lid!