question about USMC dress blue uniform

Bodey

Hello everyone,

Do we think that this ribbon rack is original to this uniform? I know that this is a post WWII which is why I would like to see what everyone thinks. Thanks in advance!

Bodey

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

In 1948 or 1949 the Marine Corps added pockets to Dress Blues - Also in 1948 or 49 the larger ribbons were made obsolete - it is possible that they came together

Bill

4 minutes ago, KurtA said:

With the American Defense Ribbon on a blouse style from post WW2, I would expect to see 4 year hashmarks.  And a WW2 Victory ribbon  

I actually believe this is a china service ribbon, not american defense

Indeed it is.   So difficult to make out colors. Would assume for the post WW2 service, not pre WW2 (late 30’s) despite being placed before the other ribbons.  
I now think the uniform is ok (for whatever that is worth) 

3 hours ago, KurtA said:

Indeed it is.   So difficult to make out colors. Would assume for the post WW2 service, not pre WW2 (late 30’s) despite being placed before the other ribbons.  
I now think the uniform is ok (for whatever that is worth) 

I appreciate the input mate! Thank you very much for the guidance. Do you have any idea as to the value? I apologize if this question is not allowed, worth a shot though..

Cheers,

Bodey

1 hour ago, Bodey said:

I appreciate the input mate! Thank you very much for the guidance. Do you have any idea as to the value? I apologize if this question is not allowed, worth a shot though..

Cheers,

Bodey

Unless the coat is named and has an interesting history, the value is in those wide ribbons.  They seem to go for a very strong price these days, as collectors need them to restore uniforms.