Gun Show Tips

Elliott R

Hey yall, I am going to the dripping springs gun show tomorrow, and I'm hoping to find some ww2 items. I was wondering if some more experienced people can tell me if I will actually find ww2 stuff, or if it will be all modern. I also could use some tips for shows. Thanks!

Persian Gulf Command

I live in Up-State New York State and believe it, we have active and well attended gun show Calander.  I'm a WW2 militaria collector including weapons from the period.  There was a time, before the 2,000's when WW2 militaria was found at Gun Shows but there is very little found at long arm and handgun oriented shows today.  If you are looking for militaria you need to seek out shows that are promoted for militaria if you are hoping for WW2 gear, uniforms, and regalia.  However, you can expect to find WW2 guns and knives at the strictly gun show events.

40 minutes ago, Bohdi said:

It will all depend on who shows up. hit or miss...I'll be there as well.

haha, what a small world. There is someone on this forum who knew my dad from west poing too. see you there then I guess. I'm leaving at 7:45 tomorrow to try and find the good stuff early. 

12 hours ago, Bohdi said:

It will all depend on who shows up. hit or miss...I'll be there as well.

hope you were able to pick up some nice stuff. I ended up finding some actually nice ww2 items there, and am very pleasantly surprised. I got an M1 Garand en bloc, a springfield clip, some italian ammo, and a really cool M1 bayonet. It is dated 1942, but has a 10 inch blade (If you didn't know, all blades up to 1943 were 16 inch). UC made the bayonet, but PAL-MOD means they modified the blade to make it 10 inches instead of making a whole other blade. So it's a 1942 cut blade M1 Bayonet which is pretty rare. Very pleased with my findings. 

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

Nice finds, unfortunately I was commandeered to an Antique show near New Braunsfels. I don't even argues any longer,I just say yes dear hahaha We should be having another one soon.