MP helmet. Thoughts?

rhill13

I just got this helmet from a local auction. Either it’s a repainted shell with a great unused liner or something else. At first I thought it might be a reproduction, but the liner is a MSA. I can’t find a heat stamp on the shell, probably buried under the paint. I can’t figure any more out and it’s time for the experts to chime in. Thanks. 

CECFAA9E-7BFD-47E9-A181-3C130EE24B1A.jpeg

D250F2A2-6660-405F-8929-E853F3502530.jpeg

sweatband and leather chin strap all look modern made/ new production. The A washers look new. total rebuild from what i see in the photos. 

Well at least my kids will have a helmet to play army with outside now. I hate giving them real M1s of any period to play with. 

I just hope they took a shell that was in a horrible state already to do this to it. Unless they refinished the shell itself, probably not since it looks new. 

15 hours ago, rhill13 said:

Well at least my kids will have a helmet to play army with outside now. I hate giving them real M1s of any period to play with. 

your kids using it for play will help make it look more authentic. kids know how to put wear on things , pretty soon it will have honest wear, scuffs , exposure to sun , wet weather / humitity / mud , just like the real ones.