No Hallmark BBB dress emblem

stucky151

Just wanted to share a new emblem just added to the nest! Wish it was hallmarked but still looks incredible in person. I believe its early 1900s with lack of precious metal hallmarks. 

91EF33D9-40D3-4512-856B-5A18D52D1566.jpeg

Basic Rifleman

Was this the one that was sold from the Philippines? Could you send pics of the back? It's certainly a fantastic EGA

23 minutes ago, Basic Rifleman said:

Was this the one that was sold from the Philippines? Could you send pics of the back? It's certainly a fantastic EGA

No, it came from California. Unfortunately it has a repair pin back, but still a wonderful early example. 

64592594-D49E-4F67-8E73-1E897CEE63F9.jpeg

Basic Rifleman

I'm still hoping the early EGA that was sold in an eBay auction from a seller in the Philippines will pop up on this site so I can get a better look. At first glance, I thought yours might be it. The photos posted in the auction looked like they were taken with the very first camera phone, but you could tell it was a special EGA with a long pin back that was visible from the front (only photos provided) similar to yours. Anyhow, great find. I love the cut-out detail between the knees and feet.

Did you happen to save the flip phones pictures of the listing? 😂 would

love to see what you’re talking about. I love these big globe birds and the details in these are just great.

Basic Rifleman

I was mistaken... There was a single photo of the reverse as well. I was not, however, mistaken about the image quality:)  Can you ID them, or are these jeweler made?

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Holy hell, those are some incredibly rare birds… what did they end up selling for? pre 1900s. (1892-1904) referred to as the M1904

Basic Rifleman

40 minutes ago, stucky151 said:

Holy hell....... what did they end up selling for?

Based on that reaction, not enough.....

I was the back bidder @ $400. I just didn't know enough about them to go any higher, and the seller wasn't much help in the message I sent. My gut was they were the real deal, but buying from a foreign seller on eBay, $400 was what I was comfortable with. I hope they went to a good home and we get to see them here on the forum.

4 minutes ago, Basic Rifleman said:

I was the back bidder @ $400. I just didn't know enough about them to go any higher, and the seller wasn't much help in the message I sent. My gut was they were the real deal, but buying from a foreign seller on eBay, $400 was what I was comfortable with. I hope they went to a good home and we get to see them here on the forum.

Since these never Show up for sale, I would assume the cover emblem and collar

emblem would be worth around $2500-$3000. 

normaninvasion
3 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Amazing really that they sold so reasonable.

A slow week on eBay.

I'll guess people didn't want to risk dealing with PI transaction. I'll assume a lot could go wrong.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, stucky151 said:

Just wanted to share a new emblem just added to the nest! Wish it was hallmarked but still looks incredible in person. I believe its early 1900s with lack of precious metal hallmarks. 

I believe this is a late 30s-40s pattern.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:11 PM, Basic Rifleman said:

Someone got a steal...I didn't see these or I would have went for the cover emblem to accompany my pair of collars. The collars were worn on the patrol jacket and are quite rare...I've only seen a couple pairs ever turn up