WW2 USMC WHITE GLOVES

surdescharbonsardents

surdescharbonsardents

Good evening,

Can you confirm if these white gloves are the WW2 USMC.

Thank you in advance for your answers and your help.

USMC0.jpg.4e2d84bd2e5539a523c7dcea8cb17832.jpgUSMC2.jpg.3a2296b399fd9023a6f22fab8b3f5d65.jpgUSMC3.jpg.245fe1cc6cadf2a5fe1ae360baf237a9.jpg

Cordially

collectsmedals

This is a pair of gloves which belonged to USMC Major Hebert Edson. They look very similar except mine do not have the button on the cuff. Note, Major Edson served from 1955 to 1975, so these are from a later era than yours.

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

surdescharbonsardents

Thank you CollectsMedals for your help and two photos of the gloves of this major. But I think the WW2 model closes with a button like on my photos or surely with a snap button. But I would like to be sure. I'm waiting for confirmation.

Thank you again for your help.

While white gloves are prescribed for wear with the USMC dress blue uniform, I don't think you are going to be finding them with stamps of labels. The white gloves are made of cotton and are designed to be laundered which would quickly wash away any markings they may have had when new.

The gloves you show are of a pattern that you could expect them to be worn with the uniform. I guess I would say that they are "good enough" to qualify as dress white gloves. I doubt anyone would argue with the assertion.

Allan

I’ve got an identical pair from the grouping of a WWII Marine, and they don’t appear to have been worn much, if at all. 

Since dress blues weren’t issued during the war, and there are many tailor-made varieties, I’d think there would be some variance in gloves. 
The 1937 regulations only stipulate that the gloves are to be “white cotton”. Nothing about types of closures or anything like that.

Hope this helps! 

Patrick

FCD16A30-E0A3-4A7C-89F9-EFC540B22A8F.jpeg

surdescharbonsardents

Thank you Allan H. and Patrick_usmc for your help and photos. Thanks to you I'm sure my gloves are WW2. Because I did not know if this model was good. I searched on the internet but I had not found anything. A big thank you to all for your precious help.