CIB - France J. Balme

Hobza

Hi, I want to ask what period this badge is from. I saw him on eBay for a few hundred dollars. What's so rare about it?

thank you

Lubos

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual

It’s not so much the period or era of this badge that makes it expensive. Instead it is because of its very unique and artful design.

19 hours ago, Cobra 6 Actual said:

It’s not so much the period or era of this badge that makes it expensive. Instead it is because of its very unique and artful design.

Thank you for the information. You are right the badge is very nice. Too bad it's so expensive. do you know when they were made?

Lubos

Basic Rifleman

I don't know that these badges would qualify as rare, but they certainly are beautiful. Prices of these badges have gone from the $500 to $600 range a few years ago to a few hundred now. There seems to be a never ending supply of these J. Balme CIB's, parachutist wings, air crew wings, etc.  Lots are still new in the wrapper, which means someone likely has boxes full of them somewhere. If you have access to Worthpoint, you'll see there are a handful of the same sellers that have been offering them in the original packaging for years now, listing them slowly so as not to flood the market and devalue the badges.

All that said, if you're patient, they can occasionally be found in an auction setting (not a fixed price listing) for less than a hundred bucks.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, Hobza said:

Hi, I want to ask what period this badge is from. I saw him on eBay for a few hundred dollars. What's so rare about it?

thank you

Lubos

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

these are made in the 1980s most will sell for under $100.00 to$175.00 non silver content

2 hours ago, donaldnol said:

these are made in the 1980s most will sell for under $100.00 to$175.00 non silver content

what i meant was most will sell for under $100.00 and some badges will reach as high as $178.00 never seen C I B badges in silver yet but the 3''in. wings sometimes appear with sterling stamp