Massachusetts National Guard Maksmanship Medals

Hello All;

Just got back to inventoring my collection so I just took photos of one large frame two small frames. The large frame are Marksmanship Team medals of MVM (Massachusetts Volunteer Milita) and MANG. The change from one to the other consisted of the name change only. Although the medals did undergo modifications from one manufacturer to another. Also from ribbon drape to pin back and back to ribbon drape. I have additional team medals but those are within named groups.

The shield shaped Maksmanship medals show the basic three at the top with seldom/rare seen three at the bottom.

The last frame are United Services of New England Tournament and Match medals in; Gold, Silver and Bronze. I have more of this type but they haven't been placed in mounts as yet.Enjoy looking and if you have any questions please ask away.

Sincerely

John Gisetto Sr.

dscf0339.jpg

100_5461.jpg

100_5462.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello GAP;

Just saw your medal post. This is one medal in a series that a Massachusetts Volunteer Militia man could qualify for during 1897-1898-1899. Attached are two pages from my Reference work on Massachusetts Volunteer Militia, Vol II. If you need additional info about this medal let me know.

Sincerely

John Gisetto Sr.

img211.jpg

img212.jpg