Need ID for Army Parachute oval. 311th Military Intelligence Battalion

d4671

I found this on the Internet which identifies a slightly different (color wise) oval as the 311th Army Security Agency Battalion (see link below).  Your oval has a green inner ring while these have a blue inner ring.  Your oval having a cut edge could be an earlier design and the color could have been changed from green to blue however this is just speculation but I have not been able to locate your oval's color combination in my reference photos. 

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-military-intelligence-long-range-survellance-division-army-oval-10637.aspx

I also have a similar oval in my reference photos which describe it as 1970s to 1980s 311th Military Intelligence Battalion.

1970 80's, 311th MILITARY INTELLIGENCE BN.JPG

1970 80's, 311th MILITARY INTELLIGENCE BN1.jpg

Hi. Yes I have the same as in your photos. Will due some more searching. You gave me something to work with. Thanks.

I may have found it.  If you click on the below link it will take you to a page full of ovals.  If you go down about two thirds of the way on the far right there is a cut edged oval with what looks like the correct color combination being identified as 311th Military Intelligence Battalion, 101st Airborne Division.  

https://www.military-insignia.us/Pages/SpecOpsInsignia/ParachuteWingOvals/Ovals-LRS.html

• 1 year later...

HERE'S MY VERSION 

COLORS ORANGE / TEAL BLUE ( ASA COLOR ) WHITE CENTER

THE STEIN BOOK LOOKS LIKE MINE.

UNLESS ITS A BAD COLOR RENDITION, I THINK IT'S SOME OTHER UNIT

AHR

IMG_1616.jpeg

HELLO AGAIN

FURTHER INFO DIGGING I FOUND THE DISCRIPTION 

IN  A COMPLETE GUIDE TO FLASHES AND OVALS BY SCOTT HUGHES

NO PIC JUST LINE DRAWING CRIMSON / GREEN / WHITE OVAL AS  311TH  M.I.  BN.

AHR