"Voss Germany" marked grabendolch. WWII or post-war?

Knifeguy18

Hi y'all, I recently purchased this knife on eBay. The listing said WWI but I figured it was only WWII if anything. I have some post-war german knives and have noticed some differences that make me think it could be a wwii private purchase. 1: the stag handle has a solid steel pommel. Most of the post war knives have an odd nut that screws on to the tang. 2. The only inscriction on the blade says VOSS Germany. Most post war knives have additional wording. I.e. "forged solingen steel". I know a company called "VOSS Cutlery" existed after the war. I am thinking that this knife was made by its war-time predecessor. I can't find any identical knives on the web. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-58-16.png

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-58-12.png

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-58-23.png

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-58-19.png

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-58-30.png

Screenshot_2022-01-06-20-58-27.png

Your knife looks of good quality.

I recall items made for or sold for export would have the country of origin stamped on them. This to me looks like the private purchase/commercial hunting or sporting dagger popular in Germany. Various patterns I have read were also used or purchased by soldiers in WW1 and WW2.   I have one very similar. I also have one in a steel scabbard from a local 14th Armored vet he picked up and brought home.

I have a WW1 German trench knife  has GERMANY stamped on it. Have also seen WW1 military and commercial Lugers sold with GERMANY stamped on them. I have assumed it was imported prior to WW2 as after WW2  I thought West Germany was used on items exported. 

I agree with doyler in his analysis of your hunting knife.  This style of knife generally had a leather scabbard and were used as hunting knives rather than so-called trench knives.  

At any rate it is not a US knife and has been identified so I will lock this thread as USMF is only for the discussion of US military items.