Holy Grail of a 34th Division find

ASMIC2971

This patch first surfaced back in 2008 or 2009, I had recently joined the 34th Division and listed after this patch. Being a poor college student I was quickly left behind as my meager max bid was eclipsed in micro seconds. 

By 2012 I was firmly invested in collecting 34th Division pieces and still wanted this piece, to the point it was one of my top five 34th patches on my list, it was even the background image on my computer.  At the start of the year I had five patches on that list still, at the end of 2021 I’m down to four. 

This patch made an appearance in a 2015 USMF thread on 34th Division patches, division trains unit was suggested as one possible ID. 

Will it ever be ID’d one day?  Maybe, until then a 13 year old search has been completed.  I never thought I would own this patch, but goes to show that that persistence and patience pay off. 

8E501761-AF01-4B89-844E-F1CCC2C1CBCD.jpeg

BILL THE PATCH

Great patch, I love collecting 34th patches, never ever saw one like that. What could it be of,  a train? Stretcher bearer?. Is it definitely WW2 ? Or could it be WW2?

BILL THE PATCH
7 hours ago, BILL THE PATCH said:

Great patch, I love collecting 34th patches, never ever saw one like that. What could it be of,  a train? Stretcher bearer?. Is it definitely WW2 ? Or could it be WW2?

I mean ww1

23 hours ago, BILL THE PATCH said:

World War 1 era or shortly after in the occupation era. 

Now 65+ years of collecting - I still think this is patch was worn by someone who wanted to emphasize the cooking pot. 

Patch like this originally posted April 10, 2008 by Sarge Booker - "Over 50 years of patch collecting and it's new to me. Looks like the olla is suspended over a fire and I can smell the Frijoles De Olla so I will guess a cook wore this one."

• 9 months later...

While red white and blue 34th from the WWI period are seen on occasion this is new one on me, and all I've seen and handled are not embroidered like this so it's a new variation.  There's really no ID on these RWB patches, perhaps Drew will pitch in on this one, but a new one on me...

Already showed to Drew and he had no clue and nothing close in Kellers books. At the least a very interesting patch and construction.